wacky weekend weather

what a weekend! 
seriously 
it was more like late march
 than 
mid december

 i left the office early 
on
 friday

 we watched two movies this weekend
 me & earl & the dying girl 
so charming
 so terrific 

we also watched
antman
 it was a hoot 

i recommend them both

we're debating another movie
 but 
right now 
as i am blogging 
he's watching football

 back to the recappage
i had errands to do 
on
 saturday
 after my hair appointment

 it was a good day 
to
 capture the hood
 in
 holiday mode




the sky was so weird very sic-fi


 people were tree shopping this guy was drilling a hole for a tree stand


restaurants are keeping their sidewalk tables open


looking up 
while waiting to cross columbus 
i noticed 
the j.m. horton ice cream company 
signage
 for the first time 
now of course 
i need to google to learn more


the corner of 79th at broadway 
is
 a busy place 
a festive place
grocery shoppers
 tree sellers and buyers 
abound

i am thinking another movie would be fun
a good way to end the weekend


and you?
how was your weekend

6 comments:

  1. Oh lucky you for such agreeable weather. Here's it's warm but of so soggy. I watched ant man on the plane. It was a hoot! I also watched Mr Holmes. Made me cry, but I loved it so much that Robbie and I rewatched it when I got here. (He wasn't a fan, mainly because he loves the old original Sherlock stories) Hope your good weather luck continues. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, R just read my comment and said "that's not accurate." He said he didn't like it because it was unremittingly gloomy and it wasn't much of a detective story at all.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy so much your trips about town and all the interesting things you photograph! Again, I think you night shots are super. Love the 79th and Broadway one with Santa all lit up down the line! And the JM Horton Ice Cream Company reminded me of the DR Horton home building company...Horton builds terrible homes! We were in a model town home the other day in Tampa just looking around and the we noted pieces of tile missing along with pieces of molding - this was in the model!!! If you Google DR Horton you'll find hundreds of complaints about their homes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOpe you opted for another movie -- fun way to spend a December day, even when the weather is nice. We were out and about ALL day yesterday. Two parties!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That first shot is my favourite.

    We're going to get punished for the warm weather - well, if one considers a real winter punishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The buildings in the first photo are so interesting. I suppose you see similar buildings all over New York, but they are definitely of a different era than I'm used to seeing. As always, I love seeing glimpses of your city, especially in its holiday mode.

    ReplyDelete