frisky

back in late february 
after several snow falls 
it warmed up a bit 

there was a lot of clean up
 but
 at the intersections
 there were still hillocks of filthy snow

 i was walking up from the 72nd street subway 
behind 
a young woman with a frisky dog
 as she walked
 he insisted 
on 
inspecting
 every snow mound
 climbing atop several 
eating the snow 

at 79th street 
they paused
 waiting for the traffic light to change
 i was behind them
 i whipped out my phone
 snapped a few quick shots 
before
 the light changed

 i am sorry 
i didnt get to ask his name 
i think of him as
frisky



6 comments:

  1. I see some terrier mix maybe? Frisky sounds right to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if they see scent like swirling colours or different patterns. Wouldn't it be interesting if we could see different scents. Hey, there might be a sci-fi story in that...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was passing by a woman walking two dogs today- the bloodhound was doing the same, sniffing at absolutely everything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect name! My little guy avoids the snow at all costs! :-)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our son and daughter-in-law's Golden Doodle is the sniffingest dog! When my son is walking Chloe is when he calls me to talk; so often, he's urging her on and away from whatever it is that she's sniffing. :-)

    ReplyDelete