there's a point here somewhere

i thought 
i had
 nothing
 to share
 to blather
 about
 but
 i do

 i long admired
 san merideth
an artist 
who 
used to blog

 i longed
 for
 one of her abstracts

 two years ago
 i was in santa fe
she of course was not in town
 where she lives 
where she and her husband
 own
 convergence gallery

san not being there 
did not stop me
 buying one of her sunsets 
as well as
"black and white"
 by
 brad stroman

 i sent her a photo of the bedroom 

oh my good golly 
look at all those dust collectors 


yesterday
 she emailed
 asking
 for 
a photo 
of the stroman piece in situ 

piece of cake
 i thought

 yes honey
 i know 
if i asked you'd
 have put up lights for me 
but
 i didnt

 my 35mm
 even
with flash
 wasn't doing it 

this part 
of
 the living room 
is 
mine 

can you tell 



 the brad stroman's
 "black and white"
 is
 the middle piece




oh yeah
 i ended up
 shooting it with the iPhone
 its not as fussy about light 

10 comments:

  1. beautiful pieces. Love the one over your bed, it's like looking out the window. Yup, you've got some dusting to keep up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely, positively LOVE that artwork above your bed!! It is SO joyful and colorful...just like you! Thanks for sharing!! (I always love seeing the kitty too)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, your place is lovely! I love seeing bits of your life like this. Nice paintings. I see what you mean about the Sid Dickens. Also, sometimes I paint big oils like the San one. Think I feel like painting a big oil again when I get back to Van. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Veronica. I love seeing how you live so I can get a visual when thinking of you, other than schlepping in the street LOL

    A Raggedy Ann caught my eye and I have one too!

    Of course the art work is gorgeous :)I like the one in the living room best of the two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your place. It's like a mini-museum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, dust collectors, but look how neatly they are all arranged! And so much red, perfect for you. Of course a strategically placed orange cat. Thanks for sharing a bit of your home.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful place, you have extremely well behaved cats. Our little clumsy tuxedo cat is not well behaved.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are wonderful, but the one above your bed?
    Just gorgeous!!! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!! Beautiful place and I love the trio. So pretty and such a perfect fit with your place.

    ReplyDelete