Saturday in the Park

First 
up to 
83rd Street 
to enter the park
then down these stairs, 
which are not the ones maked 
DO NOT CROSS
although, 
seriously 
these were in far worse condition
under the overpass 
along the river
this is looking uptown
BUT
we were 
actually 
walking downtown
once again 
where no Edelstein had 
walked before
that's Trumpistan
dwarfing the Westside Highway
aka
Joe DiMaggio Highway
past the baseball field
Umbrellas
Had to see what this was
its a cafe
Pier 1 Cafe
(in no way related to Pier 1 Imports)
There's an actual pier!
It stretches 
way out into the Hudson
There's seating
fishing
and  
a
piano
the 
Sing For Hope 
people 
are 
back!


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!


for more Summer Stock Sunday visit Robin here

15 comments:

Snappy Di said...

I want to live within walking distance of water too.*kicks clod of dirt* Dog gone it.

Akelamalu said...

Great pics Daryl and I just L.O.V.E. that piano!

My first long walk after my knee replacement was on a pier, in Southport. :)

TSannie said...

Nice walk! I want to see someone play one of those pianos! Someone good.

Robin said...

I love following along on your walks, and I LOVE that there is a piano there for the playing!

-----------------------------------
My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

sybil law said...

Saturday - in the park - just like the song?! ;)

missing moments said...

Loved walking along with you this morning ...got my fix for the sea today! Piano is so cool!

Country Girl said...

Fun fun fun!! I loved this walk, Daryl. Love how close you live to water, too.

Lily Hydrangea said...

that is a nice long pier to go for a walk on-must be beautiful!

Mental P Mama said...

LOL...Trumpistan.

Cloudia said...

Fun!

And what a sweet doggie waiting...




Aloha from Honolulu :)

Comfort Spiral

><}}(°>


><}}(°>

<°)}}><

faye said...

What a wonderful walk...
so much to enjoy..
love that piano.!!

Hilary said...

I'm craving a city walk, now. Wonderful shots. I love seeing your waterfront.

steviewren said...

Does the piano stay out in all weather?

Mama Pajama said...

thanks for the stroll through the City, I enjoyed visiting!

Sara at Come Away With Me said...

Not sure how clever this quip is, but I mean every word of it: I am really enjoying your photos of summertime in your city over there on the other side of our nation.