monday monologue or the good, the bad and the shopping

First off,
 I am a lot behind this morning due to the rain,
the unbelievable slowness of this computer.  
GAH.  
Whining will be intermittent, this will be verbose, 
so go get a cup or glass of whatever
depending on your time zone

Weekend was lovely, really lovely.  
The rain predicted for Saturday didnt arrive 
but neither did the warm temps promised 

After beautifiying™ 
I picked up a few things Toonman needed and headed home.  
After lunch we took a walk.  
We walked, slowly, up 4 blocks on the park side of Riverside Drive 
then back down on the opposite side.  
Eight blocks.  
A very big deal a month after two major surgeries.  
We spent the rest of the day being lazy, watched a movie
 - Morning Glory - 
its not a fabulous movie but it was fun, entertaining
I snorted once, laughed out loud twice.  
Harrison Ford is still hot, Diane Keaton is still Diane Keaton
Rachel McAdams is charming, 
does anyone else think she looks like Jennifer Garner?  

I wanted to go up to the roof after sunset to get a shot of the fantastic moon. 

this photo stolen from this guy

But I fell asleep! 
Seriously.  
Asleep. 
On the couch. 
waking in the middle of whatever we were watching
I went to bed.  
Totally forgetting a once in 18 years experience was happening 
GAH

When did I remember?  
Sunday morning.  
Sheesh.

After moaning and whining 
I headed out for more beautification™ 
and 
a trip to the Eastside 
again.  

Why?  

Well last weekend I got a pair of very inexpensive, well fitting jeans.  
putting them on Thursday 
I discovered the inventory control thingie was still attached!

  
You'd think I would have felt it when I tried them on.  
No.  
the check out  had been a little chaotic 
had I not looked at my receipt I would have overpaid
 because the sales ditz charged me for someone else's items!  

On the way to Bloomingdale's 
Blondie and I walked across 62nd Street
just shy of Lexington 
I spied this

Okay, that's not what I saw first 
apparently I forgot to upload -  or maybe I just wanted you to wait to see - what I saw.  
Nevertheless, we looked at the menu.  
It was very yummy, so in we went.


We shared those mussels.  
I had a salad, Blondie had fish tacos.  
So good.  
All of it.  
with full tummies we headed to Bloomingdales 
 inventory thingie removed from my pants, apology accepted.  

We visited a Prada purse Blondie covets, then did a little shopping
there was 15% off everything.  
Oh my did I ever misbehave!


The black pants are Vince cargo pants, very nice fit.  
The blue is the pair that had the inventory thingie removed,  
its a French company I cant remember the name of .. what a surprise. 
I remembered 
(with help from Google)
Comptoir des Cotonniers! 

Remember when we could remember things?  


This pretty thin cotton top by Tahari has a very subtle animal print
then I really was bad.  
Blondie, its all her fault, wanted to look at shoes
uh oh


Are these not the cutest summer flats evah?  
Navy, beige, with red trim.  
Comfy.

To make up for making me spend money like a drunken sailer, 
Blondie paid for the cab back across town.  
When I got home Toonman told me he'd been out for a walk:
10 blocks!  
TEN!
I am so proud of him.  
I nag, I whine, I continually annoy him with my never ending questions and reminders. 
 I do it because I hate him, you know.  
I am a nag but I am also a praiser.  
When he does good he deserves to get told so.  
And 10 blocks on his own with just the little FLIP and his cane
he took the FLIP so he could record his walk 
to show me he did 10 blocks.  
Interesting that a videographer/editor like him took a lot of footage of the inside of his coat pocket.  
He now knows where the off button is.

Oh and the moon?  
It never came out on Sunday nite, 
I know because I went up to the roof 
3 times to check.

So, what did you do this weekend?
DISH!!


Thanks for taking the time to wade through all the verbosity 
and 
for leaving comments they are appreciated!

25 comments:

  1. Yeah for Toonman walking first 8 and then 10 blocks. That is great to hear after all of his health problems.

    I don't think you were too bad with the shopping . . . you deserved a reward for something, I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had no idea he was a videographer/editor! My brother is as well. He's had a camera in my face since he was 9. Gah. My should be sister in law is a graphic artist and she also edits.

    Now. This sounds like a lovely weekend and much more exciting than mine! But, hooray for Ray and shame on you drunken sailor!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to take a photo - but failed miserably. LOVE those flats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, much busier and more fun weekend than mine. The moonrise was blocked by clouds, it peeked out in the middle of the night, but I couldn't get out to get a shot. As soon as daylight began to put in an appearance, the moon disappeared, so that was my last chance! By the time that one comes around again, I'll be long gone! Ah, well I've got your shot and it looks pretty damn good to me. Hope you have a great week, Daryl! Enjoy!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that toonman is making good progress! Love the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Normally, on a nice spring weekend at home, we would have been doing chores galore, but there's no point in going to great efforts to clean things when construction repairs will start soon on the house. Hopefully this week! So, we enjoyed the outdoors and watched a lot of basketball and yes, I did catch a glimpse of that amazing moon early in the evening as it was just beginning to rise. Oh - and I played a little bit of SCRABBLE, too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I went shopping, too! But, for Gilda - not me. We went to The Gap, to get her this adorable shirt, only they were remodeling, so everything was all over and half their inventory wasn't even there. Some lady hit Gilda (on accident) but didn't speak up to apologize, so I got mouthy, and then the saleslady accidentally gave me some other lady's 30% off coupon. The lady figured it out but didn't care (and me the dummy forgot I had the same coupon at home, anyway.)
    Then I came home and ordered some stuff online for me AND Gilda.
    I avoided J. Crew, though. That frigging store has THE best shoes and gets me into trouble.
    Way to go, Toonman on the walk - and I'm glad you had what sounds like - a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WELL LEMMIE SEE .... what did I do... cause i still dont know what day it is LOL.. I spent most at the hospital... then i went grocery shopping and spent 255.00 on groceries and meds... then i came home and delt with the chaos here :) much rather be here than at the hospital ever! WAY TO GO TOON MAN and love the shoes you found so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh and it stormed so bad here that we saw no moon either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that Toonman is feeling better.

    Whew, listening to your weekend wore me out. You are one busy lady.

    I worked in the yard this weekend - been cleaning up the back yard which involves vacuuming up the debris from the rocks. A thankless job, but it has to be done. I also got peas planted.

    My son is home from college for a few days for break. With his girlfriend. And his laundry. Enough said.

    By the way, my verification word is lasidion. I think that's Celine Dion's cousin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay! for the Toonman! That is tremendous progress he is making!
    What a lovely weekend you had - mine was pretty boring (which can be a blessing IF I will think of it that way:)
    Love the clothing and shoes, so summery - you will be ready for warm weather

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done to Toon Man!

    What a great weekend you had - especially the spending. LOL

    I love the shoes, very pretty.

    That moon was just amazing, I couldn't stop looking at it.

    We took M&FIL out to lunch on the train yesterday, it was their belated Christmas present and they thoroughly enjoyed themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I stepped outside for a minute to view the moon. It was a pretty clear sky so it was worth stepping out to the front porch.

    Love the shoes! Oh, and pin a carnation on your man's lapel. He deserves it for all that walking.

    Di

    ReplyDelete
  14. Niece's sixth birthday party, and lots of sleep. All good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you have the makings of a book...you could call it "Out and About in NYC," or "Life With Toonman," or "Sexy in the City."

    I dunno, but I find your meanderings, mental and otherwise, quite fascinating.

    I got a couple of OK photos of the moon. (On Ocala DP)

    Dontcha hate finding that stupid security thingy on your clothes? ...we did that so many times and I was so tired of driving back to the mall that I figured out how to break it off...no problem (unless it has ink in it - that's a big problem!)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds/looks like a fun shopping spree.

    Good for Toonman.. it sounds like a lot of progress. The recording of his pocket cracked me up.

    I was moon-focused.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw Morning Glory on the plane ride home from Boston last month. It was cute. Passed the time. :)
    Never saw the moon either. Too cloudy and rainy around here.
    Watched The Fighter, read, ate, bought a new microwave (since I set a fire in the one we had, ha). That's about it for my weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think you are both healing. Shopping is a good thing. May I send a big smoochie smooch to TM? I need to do that.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad Toonman is in the walking mode.
    Had to smile about the filming of his
    coat pocket.. like WE have never done
    something like that.. haaa.

    You did miss a gorgeous moon.
    Sunday am ( very early ) it was
    shrouded in clouds here. Good thing I
    got my shots Saturday am and pm.
    Somehow it is the Sunsets that I miss.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So sorry you missed the moon. I missed it Saturday due to cloud cover, but Sunday night it was fabulously hugely luminescent. Other than moon viewing my weekend was filled with traveling to and fro and babysitting. Wish I could find lots of cute summery clothes that I like. I need some new stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You should know your weekly beautification rituals inspired me to take my Mom for a spa pedicure last weekend for her birthday. It was divine!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  22. After reading all that you did - I forget what I did!

    ReplyDelete
  23. managed to see and take a photo of the moon...not good really..making too much noise at midnight with a toddler in the house inhibits one throwing open all the shutters and blinds and screens to get a good shot.

    ReplyDelete