I voted!

I was awake around 4:30ish but didnt get up til 5. I showered, made coffee and got dressed .. I had an appointment with a polling booth.

In NY State the polls open at 6 a.m. I walked out the door of our apartment at 5 minutes to 6 .. walked 1 block to West End Avenue then 3 blocks to 83rd St to the school where we vote. The line was long but not discouragingly so.




People were smiling and courteous waiting and chatting among themselves




And the line moved quickly, soon I was climbing the stairs and walking into the 'room' where the voting machines and all the wonderful men and women who volunteer to work the desks and make sure all the voters get their chance to cast the vote for the party of their choice.



I was in and out in no time at all. I was disappointed that there were no stickers to show I voted .. I guess I wont be getting the free Starbucks and/or Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream.

As I stepped out of the school I took this photo of the people who were waiting for their turn to participate in the process of voting in change!

No matter what your party affiliation is .. get out and vote .. its your constitutional right!