wordy post ahead



recently toonman hasnt been well
he gave me permission to 'discuss'
(not his word)
 his whatsgoin' on

decided to do it tonite because
i spent the last 4-5 hours in emergency

 i should start at the beginning

toonman has chronic kidney disease
has had for 12 yrs or so
only over the last 6 months
he's had concerning symptoms

at the end of february
 he was terribly anemic he spent 4 days in hospital
 dialysis was seriously discussed
 his #s were stable so
in preparation he had a fistula created
a natural made from your own blood vessels 'port' for dialysis 

but
it takes least 8 weeks for a fistula  be 'usable'
we knew
 he'd have to start dialysis sooner

yup

3 weeks ago
this wednesday morning
he had a catheter implanted below his clavicle
2 hours later
he began dialysis
he goes
3 times a week 3+hrs a 'seating'

he felt so much better

 monday
he went to dialysis on his own
(i had been going with him) 
he even took the bus

 when he got home
we
caught up on our days
had some dinner
then
 he began coughing
 as the evening went on it got worse
 of course 
i told him to take something to have tea or something
 of course 
he ignored me

he sat up all night coughing
 when i left for the office
he'd fallen asleep sitting up in bed

around 2pm
 he called me
he sounded horrible
 i called the doctor
who said
get him into the hospital 
so i did

the jury is out on what is causing
high fever
strong coughing
  frightening shortness of breath

they agree its an infection
 is it pneumonia
 unlikely

 more blood for more tests
maybe an answer tomorrow

thats the long of it
if you didnt read it all
 thats okay
 i needed to tell it
now
 i can relax with a cup of tea a joint and my cats

30 comments:

  1. Sending good vibes your way...keep us posted SVP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending lots of good thoughts to both of you. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. May he get answers and resolutions and continue to better health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping Toonman in my best thoughts, Daryl. Hugs to you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. My very best wishes to your nice gentleman, may he find the answers and feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My very best wishes to your nice gentleman, may he find the answers and feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man. Such ups and downs -- hoping they sort out the cough soon so he can go back to feeling good again. My thoughts are with both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sending healing thoughts, much love and big hugs!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am glad you were able to share this difficult time with us and I will pray for you and Toonman. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lost a kidney to cancer. I feel for your husband; he's going through one of my fiercest nightmares. I shall keep him in my thoughts and hope that soon you'll be writing that he has fully recovered from this last bout with dis-ease.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear... I hope the doctors and nurses can help things along and he sails through.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daryl ~ I saw this come up on FB and am so sorry you are both dealing with this. I hope they get to the bottom of what is making Ray ill. Oh I am so sorry to hear all of this. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sending good thoughts and prayers to his and your way.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm sorry to hear this. I was hoping the dialysis was going to make him feel right as rain for a long time to come. I am thinking my best thoughts for this to pass quickly. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Daryl, I am so, so sorry to hear of this......life is damned hard sometimes.....we just plow through it......day by day. I will be thinking of you and wishing you strength and stamina. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We do care. Toke up! [you should SEE the dispensaries here in Cali]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, Daryl, I hope things turn around real soon.
    Until then, please know that you are both in our thoughts and prayers.
    Sending you hugs.
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness! Poor boy. Biggest hugs in the world to him and to you. My first husband Neal had strep and nephritis as a child and lost his kidneys at 21yrs. He was on dialysis for the next fifty years of his life. I know what that's all about, but also suspect that there have been huge medical advances in the past 50 years. All my love to you two that the pesky infection clears and life gets back to a calm and healthy state. xxxxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Daryl,
    My heart goes out to you & Toonman. Thank you for sharing this so we can all be here to listen, hope and pray & send you both love for the most positive outcome. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omg! Ouchy. Your a strong woman, your doing it.
    Thanks for sharing thanks to toonman for his sharing. Hugs and all the good juju I can find.
    ♨️♾

    ReplyDelete
  21. How stressful for you all. I hope he's on he fast road to recovery. Best wishes for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry you guys are going through this Daryl - hoping you get some answers soon. XO

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh gosh I hope you get some good news soon. I'm so sorry Toonman has to go through this and you too! I will keep you both in my prayers!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  24. Came over to see if there was any improvement in Toonman's condition - not to mention any lessening of worry for you! Keeping you both in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Daryl, definitely good thoughts are heading your way. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  26. so sorry to hear about Toonman ...
    keeping good thoughts for him and you
    (I know it begins to take a toll on you too ).

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi my friend. I don't come to FB often so missed this. My heart hurts for both of you. I know how this can wring everything out of everyone.
    Please give Toonman a hug for me and take one for yourself. I'm keeping both of you in my thoughts and will check back often to see how he's doing and how you are doing as well. Both of you are well loved - remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. My dad told me...so hoping he gets better ahora! Sending much love and healing energy his (and your) way...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  29. So Sorry to read this. Prayers from Florida. (love your blog)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Sending much love to you both. This is so tough for you both.
    Here’s hoping they soon find out what’s causing the problem and can do something
    to fix it. Hugs all round.x

    ReplyDelete