a long weekend

i love long weekends
i have today off
(actually its still sunday but for you its now monday sometimes blogging gets confusing) 
its 
martin luther king jr day

saturday 
was 
spa day
i didnt get to sleep in
 i did have
a most wonderful massage
 followed by a facial
 a wash/blow dry

i spoil myself

it snowed a bit 
in 
the early evening


sunday 
i slept in
oh yes i did

toonman 
fed the cats 
and 
made 'my' coffee (vs his decaff)
dee-lish

i stayed in my pjs 
the 
entire
 day

oh yes i did

we ordered pizza
for dinner
half pepperoni
half mushroom
tasted a lot better than it looks


we watched 
allied
it was pretty good
so far my favorite movies 
we've watched
are 
la la land
and
moonlight






11 comments:

  1. We liked Allied too. And Fences was also good. It was a toss up last week, but we still need to see Hidden Figures. Patriots Day is on the agenda for Tuesday! I would be lost without my movies! And pizza...and beautification! Come to think of it...your weekend sounds great to me! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little bit of snow makes for lovely photos but looks just cold enough that staying inside all day sounds perfect. Not much takeout for us lately because I've been cooking. It's a miracle! I think unless you live someplace like you do, that has so many options, takeout can get a bit tiresome. We don't even have a good pizza place anymore. Tragic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh nice! I love reading the odd weekend post where you say you got to sleep in. So good for you. Mom went to see la la land the other day and hated it...but then she's just an old curmudgeon. Robert and I have determined to see Rogue One. both of us on Tuesday...he in OXON me in Van and then we shall talk about it. Best we can do to go see a movie together right now. The pizza looks ideal. I love half and half pizzas. Mushrooms would be my half. Robert never would touch those...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Denise...looks cold enough to stay in pj's all day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend! I know you're enjoying your day off. I've heard different things about LaLa Land, so thanks for sharing your take!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a perfect weekend, Daryl, especially the staying in your PJ's all day part!
    Sometimes, these days are just a necessity. :-)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect holiday weekend. I love PJ days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this image, the contrast between the cold tones reflected off the street and the warm, comforting light of the lantern make for a memorable composition.

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome photos and awesome long weekend stuff...especially the self-pampering :)

    ReplyDelete