what a difference a week makes ...

last weekend
 wasn't
 the most exciting
 but
 it was 
busy

 this weekend
 was
 total slothville 

aside from
 beautification
 some errands
 a lot of reading

 there
 wasn't
 isn't
 very much to write about 

lets see
 what i can expand upon

 i am at the stage of needing a hair cut
 my hair hasn't been this long
 in well
 i can't remember
  when

 its longer
 now
 than
it was
 before 
the short cut
that looked good 
til
 it grew out

 so
i am hesitant to go back to that stylist
 yet
 i know he's really good

 i love the woman who blow dries my hair
 i like the cut she gave a friend
 but
 my hair and the friend's hair 
are 
not 
at all alike

 so
 i am not sure
 i want to take that chance

 such a dilemma

 erranding
 was
 uneventful
 i didnt need to buy much
 for the coming week 
as its a short week
 work-wise
 plus
 i ordered a ton of food from zabars
 (i really dislike auto correct it insists i mean zebras)
 for
 thanksgiving

 yes

 i dont cook
 even 
for
 thanksgiving 

i order pre-cooked food
 turkey and the fixings
 which
 get
 hotted or heated
 depending
 on

 how you think of it
 its like
 dressing vs stuffing 
hotted vs heated 
whatever or whichever

 i am reading an excellent book 
book one of a trilogy 
by
 lev grossman
 the magicians

 i would tell you more about it 
except
 i am only 103 pages into the first book

  i did look
 online 
for a blurb the share
 what i found was a sort of recap
 of
 the trilogy

 me 
the one 
who loves spoilers 
who always said
 knowing what happens isn't a spoiler cause you still have to see how it happens
 is 
very
 sorry
she went looking
 of course 
i didnt stop reading quickly enough 

i could blame you
 but
 i won't 

anyway 

here's a photo of my street
taken
 last weekend


i tried
 to
 stand
 in the same spot
 to
 capture
 the same tree 


didnt work out so well

  but
 you get the idea

  winter is coming!

7 comments:

  1. Wow -- what a difference! I love you love the Grossman trilogy. I really didn't like the first book much, so I never read the others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind spoilers either. A good book is like a nice journey. There have been books that I didn't want to end.

    I've never heard of hotted before but I think I know what you mean.

    We are having a small Thanksgiving this year but my MIL is going all out cooking anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a difference. After reading about the new novel (I love spoilers too) I though maybe R would like to read it for Christmas. Maybe. Jury is still out. I'll go look at it physically, but he loves fantasies to pieces. So having the Harry Potter for adults image in my mind, that tree reminds me of a whomping willow. Remember how the tree shook and all the leaves fell down? Nice. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might be wrong, but that could be a tamarack tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have also ordered a Thanksgiving meal, ours from Whole Foods. For just two, a big meal is just so much work and mess. Besides, I wouldn't want to dirty my new kitchen.
    I turned on the heat this morning. I won't discuss the temperature because people in other parts of the country are so cold. But it's all relative, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Game of Thrones reference, Zabars/Zebras.
    Before / after tree.

    Lotta good stuff!


    I don't confuse
    greatness with perfection.
    To be great anyhow
    is…the
    higher achievement."
    Lois McMaster Bujold



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely tree. Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete