weekend recappage

friday's
dentist appointment
took
 about an hour out of my fridaycation
 not bad at all 

then
 i wandered
 down 
park avenue
 capturing
 alice aycock's paper chase sculptures
  this one
 is called
 hoop-la


walked across 53 street 
to the river
 to 
sutton place park 

turns out 
sutton place park
is a series
 of 
little parks
 at the end of each street
 from 53rd to 59th
 in between 
there are all sorts of buildings
 large 
small
 private 
all
 have 
private gardens and/or little private streets
 sutton place
 is 
very
 chi chi

i peeked 
through
 a leaf covered fence
 to
 snap this photo
 of
 a private street


wouldn't
 you love
 to 
step out
of 
your 
city house/apartment 



into
 a tree sheltered pathway
a little garden
 with 
a little table and chairs
 to
 look out on the river


 as you sipped 
your morning tea/coffee
 or 
your evening glass of wine/cocktail? 

i would

in another life perhaps

saturday 
was errand day
laze around the apartment day

sunday
beautification
in preparation for monday back to work
i can't believe june is over

what did you do?




10 comments:

  1. Private streets and parks, rooftop enclaves. Such are dreams made of



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back! No more midnight posts full of typos...lol. Just showed R the beautiful patio and told him we could do something like that here and he looked at me from under his brows and said "more work?" Now he's reading over my shoulder with his bottom lip out. Poor sweetie, I do ask a lot. He says, "Especially after he's spent two days undoing the chassey of my new vintage Land Rover!"
    Anyway, missed you and have to go check out what's been going on. By the way, re-send me your addy please, I put it somewhere super safe and can't find it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely place to live! Glad the dentist only took a short time. It was a weekend full of driving for me, but it's good to be home after being away for a week. I still can't believe June is over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous area -- private street! Wow. Shhhhh. I'm pretending it's May.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous views of the city. I do like that sculpture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sculpture - must google for more info! The private gardens look so lush and tranquil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the little street hideaway looking at the river :)

    Glad you had a good weekend, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this sculpture, Daryl, and oh yes, I would not mind living in one of those houses/apartments. So nice. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sculpture is gorgeous! I can't believe you went to the dentist on your day off, that is sheer torture as far as I'm concerned. Glad it was brief.

    ReplyDelete
  10. those private streets look great Daryl, reminds me of one we used to like to look at about W94th..Pomander walk? (Without the river views, I presume).

    Had a good w'e catching up with the little family, more esp the grandchildren after their two week holiday visiting the other grandparents.

    ReplyDelete