city daily photo theme day for june - zest

this month's theme 
zest
 was not an easy one to illustrate
as relating to new york city
i mean
 nyc is a zesty place
 in many respects 

but 
a photo?
well
 that was tough
 til
 i thought about the
 definition
 of
 the word

 i googled
 zest

 the free merriam-webster dictionary defines it as:

lively excitement: a feeling of enjoyment and enthusiasm
a lively quality that increases enjoyment, excitement, or energy
small pieces of the skin of a lemon, orange, or lime that are used to flavor food

i chose to go with the first two
 i rifled through my photos
 then
 it seemed pretty obvious to me
 that
 the memorial day weekend street fair 
filled
 both of the first two examples 
so
 i chose these photos
 which
 i think
 are
 pretty self explanatory 
and very zesty



check out
the other participants interpretations this theme
ZEST!

24 comments:

  1. Absolutely AWESOME use for the word ZEST!! I would have just ended up with a picture of a bar of soap. bwahahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely zesty! Here in Vancouver is a fair called the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) and runs in the summers in August, (hence I've missed it for years and years) But I remember visiting every year as a child and winning plush toys, candy and little gifties. It's gone much more commercial since I was a child and the plush toys a lot less plusher, but I think I might get there this year since I'll be returning to C a little early form E. High excitement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A feast of colors and a very good choice for this theme day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous choice for the theme! I love all those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It certainly draws me back into the past. I remember fairs like that where I grew up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect choice for today's theme! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ya, got that right. Just about anything can fall under the zest theme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You hit the zesty thing on the head! Or on the nose, you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very clever, Daryl! I like your interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of zesty action going on here Daryl.. you're pretty clever yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely pair of photos. Full of zest for theme day.

    ReplyDelete