begone damn cold

i have
had it 

its been over week
 this miserable cold
 isn't just lingering
 it feels as if its getting worse

 my nose hurts
 inside and out

 i cough
 i sound horrible

i get 
no comfort 
from the fact
that
 whatever
 this icky mess
 is
 i am not alone

 3 of my co-workers have it

 our office
 sounds
 more
 a doctor's waiting room
 with
 all the coughing
 wheezing
 nose blowing
 throat clearing

 jeez 

i decided
 i couldn't stand it one more day
 so i called my doctor
 i know
 mary
 i promised
 i would call on monday
but
 i am not one to run to the doctor for a cold

now
 i dont think
 its
 just a cold
 i am thinking 
its
a sinus infection
 for which
 there's meds
 vs
 a cold
 for which
 there's nothing you can do
 but 
drink liquids and rest

 anyway
 i am seeing my doctor
 today
 (thursday morning)

 meanwhile
 here's a shot
 my phone took
 on its own 
when
 i went to the dentist 
last friday


12 comments:

  1. If those are teeth your phone photographed at the dentist's, they need help.
    Pretty smart phone, however.
    I hope your doctor gets your cold straightened out, as to what it is, and why, and what will fix it.
    Hugs and warm wishes,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your phone takes some good shots on its own. Hope you get some relief from the doctor, Daryl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor thing, that sounds utterly miserable. I can't find one here to try so my suggestion isn't from personal knowledge, but a lot of people swear that a neti pot brings immediate relief. Maybe find one?

    Hope the doctor has some good, effective drugs too.

    Hang in there! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh. That is awful Daryl. It is not fun at all to have a cold...that leads in to something else...like bronchitis or something. Sure hope the doc can fix you right up and you will be back to feeling like yourself again. Rest Up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to love pictures that take themselves! Sinus infections are miserable. Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about your cold.

    Your phone has a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear you still have that cold Daryl. Hope you didn't catch it off the baby!!
    I have had a cold and cough but luckily it seems as if it has decided not to linger for a change.

    Hope you will feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Summer colds are so unfair! What the hell? My mother, who has been my Dr my whole life, has always insisted on two vitamin C, times release, at 1000mg each. I know it's sort of super dosing on preventative stuff, and Dr.s are good at pushing preventative drugs (vits), but we seldom get colds with all that vit C (knock wood). Might help you. :) Big hugs, but at a distance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it's a sinus cold, meds will take care of it. I recommend sleeping sitting up in a comfortable chair for a few days. It'll help somewhat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you feel better very very soon, now that you have seen your Doctor? What has your phone planned for its next shot? Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a sinus infection to me.
    I hope the doctor gives you something to chase it away, real quick. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just read the results of that doctor visit. Ugh. Love your phone's perspective. :)

    ReplyDelete