sophie

i know
 sophie's mom
 via instagram 
where 
she posted this wonderful photo 
the other day


sophie
 is a rescue dog

 you know
 i love dogs
 (and cats and most all animals)
 but
 rescue dogs
 are special

 look at that intelligent face

 what a sweetie

 that photo was taken by her mom
 who shares her photography
 on instagram
 as
 @robinjones165


i asked robin to tell me about sophie and how they came to be together
here's her reply


Well, here's our story. 
I have always been a boxer person. But after my knee replacement in 2011 I didn't want to chance walking a big dog. My husband and I had 2 boxers, but list one that same year. We still have Frankie. He's 91lbs! 
During my recovery, Frankie and I started looking at rescue sites because I knew there are a lot of small dogs that need homes. 
Sophie's mom was pregnant when she came into rescue. She had 3 puppies. Sophie was the only girl. She came home with me in April, 2012. She was 7 weeks old. 
To say she owns my heart is understated. 
If you want, take a look at the first picture I posted on IG. She was 2lbs.


 if you are an instagrammer 
check her wonderful pictures out!

7 comments:

  1. Just been catching up Daryl... your photos deserve to be recognised, they epitomise NYC. How's the 'losing 5lbs' going ? For me its more like 5 kilos and it's HARD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. her eyes are so warm and kind
    what a sweet girl she is

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that face is so precious, and I just love that sweet little nose. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rescue dogs are special indeed! We have two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most of my dogs have been rescued and every one of them was special:) This one looks like a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete