so he said ...

monday
 i decided
 it wasn't too cold out
 by
 too cold
 i mean
 it was walkable 
with the big camera
 tho on the way home
 i was sorry
 i had no hat 
my ears hurt 
inside
 they ache
 when they get too cold

my plan
 was
to walk down to lincoln center
 to see
 jr's new york city ballet theatre photos
click here for more info

 the actual exhibit
 opens in february

 right now
 there are a few
 pasted 
on
 the windows


the
  entrance
 to
 the theatre



  so
 i am walking up the ramp
 at the northwest side of the plaza
 when
 this security guard says
 to me
 in 
a thick jamacian accent 
you have to walk around they are shooting the pictures 

i looked at him
quizzically

what 
i said

he repeated
 they are shooting the pictures walk around 
he gestured
 to the fountain 

i thought
 i am shooting the pictures too
 and
 headed off toward the fountain
the plaza was empty

 i could see
 off
to the southwest corner of the plaza
what appeared to be a tent 
on the street

there were
 cops
 people
 cars
 camera equipment

i am thinking
 they're shooting something for jr's exhibit 

i shoot the photos pasted on the windows
get a fun shot
 of 
a young ballerina 
posing for her friend



  i head toward the camera crew

 imagine
 my surprise
 to see
 tom selleck and bebe neuwirth


 standing in front of the steps talking

 oh
 i think
 they're shooting the pictures
 means
 they're filming a scene for blue bloods

 ahhhh

so
i shot one myself

i am not sure
 if i will be in the final cut
 or 
if they'd wrapped before i stepped into the shot
 .. no one yelled at me .. 

oh yeah
 i got a few
water tower shots
as well

this is the only photo signed

17 comments:

  1. I make it a point to watch BB. There are only a couple I do watchvany more, & this is one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NYC must be an interesting place to live, but I can't imagine myself in such a big town. I'd definitely be like a fish out of water in your city. All of your photos are really nice and how cool is that? You got a picture of Tom Selleck & Bebe Neuwirth. I'm not sure who Bebe is, but who doesn't know Tom, right? :) I have not watched Blue Bloods before, but would like to since DH & I are Selleck fans. Thanks for braving the cold to capture a few WW photo ops to share with us in Blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhh I love those ballet shots. Humm I may have to try to get to the city to see that exhibit.

    Fun about Selleck. We watch Blue Bloods but were a season or so behind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a fun adventure. And totally worth going out in the cold for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. After Tom Selleck, a water tower just doesn't compete! "Quigley Down Under" is one of my favorite movies ever. Crazy Cora is definitely a relative of mine. Ain't that right, Roy? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey you were right there with the action taking place!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bet you're glad you got out after all. :) I had lunch with Tom Selleck! Well, with him and about lots of other film people when I was serving a jury duty and he was filming in the court house. This was a million years ago...lol...but then I do live in Hollywood North. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such good timing on your part. Never have seen that show. Not much good on TV these days.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you'll never know who you might see on the streets of ny, right? I don't watch the show but I heard of the actors. nice capture.


    have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of the things MY WIFE and I both like about NYC is that, every so often, you spot someone famous and it's not a huge deal. It's like your take on it here - interesting, fun, but not all fanboy-ooh-ooh-ooh-look-it's-a-STAR-oh-my-goodness-wait-until-the-folks-hear-about-this-I'll-be-the-envy-of-everyone. Boston is maybe 50/50 on that. Sometimes a person with fame will walk down the street and not be bothered by the yahoos, sometimes not. In New York, it's generally not a problem, and we admire that reticence.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What fun!

    I have never seen that tv show...is it any good?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daryl, wow what a great surprise that is! Exciting!
    We are fans of that show!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those beautiful random shots.. :)

    Happy Wordless Wednesday! My entry is here .

    ReplyDelete