it seems all i do is whine

i only went out on sunday
 because
 i had to deal
 with my hair

oh
 i did get my nails done too
hey i was out




  my hair

 i am
very vain
 about 
my hair

 its 
maybe
my best feature

it
looks 
like
 shit
 okay
 maybe
 more 
like 
overcooked spaghetti

 why

 a
 lack
of
 communication

 i am
willing
 to
accept 80% 
of
the blame
 for
 not asking questions 

the stylist
should
 have asked
too

 i have 
over the last year 
had keratin applied
to
 the border 
to 
the rim
to
the frame
 to
 the whatever
 around 
my face
and
the bottom layer of my hair

to 
relax
to
 smooth
 it
 because
 silver hair
 has this odd texture
 plus
my hair
is very
coarse
very
 thick

 the keratin 
has
 never
before
 made it
 flat 
straight
 lifeless

 i tried to save a fews dollars 
the stylist who blow-dries my hair is quite good 
were
i not
totally happy
with
tim 
who
 cuts my hair
perfectly
 i would switch

 i digress

 tim's salon
charges lot more for keratin 
than
 the weekend place
 i go for blow dries
 so
 i decided 
i would let them do it

well
 apparently 
the weekend place
uses
 two different types of keratin
 they didn't ask
i didn't ask

 i ended up 
with 
the 
straightener vs the relaxer 

now
 all the money i saved
 is moot

 it takes months
 for it to wash out

i dont want it 
all
 to wash out

i want 
the front and sides
 to
 be 
less 
flat
lifeless

 i see tim in 2 weeks for a hair cut
 i hope the stick straight front/sides
won't affect
the way he cuts/styles
 because
 i love this shaggy cut

 gah 

poor you
dear reader
 if its not whining about twisted necklaces
 its whining about hair 


wait
 here's a nice photo to make up for all the whining 


20 comments:

  1. That IS a nice shot. Hey if you can t bitch to your friends.....



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    > < } } ( ° >
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww, I love the whining!! But I must admit that picture makes up for a lot of stuff...sorry about the hair mix up. Personally I don't like straight/flat hair, I need more body around my face. It's just better that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGHHHHH -- I know what you mean about dealing with a hair appt. gone awry. Hang in there! Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had the same hairdresser for over 20 years (she comes to me) and is excellent at colouring and can cut it in any style I choose but I hate the way she blow dries it and as soon as she's gone I do it myself. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a beautiful winter photo. A hair snafu is definitely worthy of a little whining. Go ahead, it's your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get it
    I feel like ripping my hair out of my head
    it changes texture on a whim

    you're gorgeous no matter what

    love the photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous picture!

    Love your hair!! Each time I see it, I wish I had the courage to go silver too.

    Snazzy nails too!!

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A hair salon to never return to? ack. We all whine when we spend money and don't get good results on our hair. Whine away...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh whine away, it's all good. I totally get like that and even worse...to the point I have to remind myself that I have food, shelter, warmth and love, and I'm not living in a cardboard box under Battersea Bridge...now that's bad! And, at least you didn't get botched botox which made your eye lazy and droopy. (not me but a friend) Can't tie your eye up with a scarf or pin it into place with bobby pins. Oh yeah, just remembered: My grandmother used to say to me that by the time I got married it would all be over. So that doesn't quite apply to us any more, but you get the idea. :) X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, beautiful gray hair....already coarse by nature and magnified by the loss of color....I'm sorry you're having such a time of it! My gripe about my own hair is the way the bangs were cut...reminding me of childhood when Mother cut my bangs, rather unevenly. I'm just happy that my cost for a perm every 3 months is about what you would pay for a cut and blow dry, I imagine! Your hair is still beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I totally understand Daryl...
    I was paid to leave & go to another salon when the young little bitches who didn't know shit....didn't like my comments about how I wanted my hair cut....
    ... also banned from returning to another salon when I complained about the brassy blonde highlights in my dark brown hair that were supposed to be subtle....did I want them to fix it...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

    Now a friend does my hair in her garage home salon...she usually feeds me something delicious too...while our doggies hang out w/each other!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will make you feel better -- I was called "sir" today by some 19 year-old grocery clerk -- he was viewing me from the back. What the hell?

    ReplyDelete
  13. do ya feel better? that's the point of a good whine. I find if the whine doesn't do it the wine will.
    love the nails, stole the pic for a desktop. thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. * gasp *

    That photo.

    It is beautiful!!

    I love the church with this perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, well, you know I'm always willing to be sympathetic, but when it comes to complaining about your nice full head of lovely hair...

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's kind of like complaining about a hangnail to someone missing seven fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This photo is so beautiful, Daryl.
    I am sorry about your hair, but I'll just bet it still looks pretty wonderful. :-)
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So does Tim know that you have been cheating on him?

    You may not be able to calm him down with a nice photo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh no not the hair... I hate when things don't go exactly right with mine... Thank goodness my hairdresser is used to me and doesn't get nervous anymore :) tres joli image, allis well :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I keep my hair short, short, short because I have no desire or money, or energy to spend dealing with it:) Now I see that after all these years it is starting to come back into style lol!

    Crazy nails!

    ReplyDelete