where in she self congratulations duh congratulates

a truncated weekend
 yes 
i am still whining
 about 
having to work fridays
 gah

 it was gloriously like fall
 superb sleeping weather
 long sleeve t-shirt 
light weight sweater 
weather 

i went through my closet
 anything i have not worn in a year
went into a bag
 i will be passing along
 donating
 them
 to people
 who will wear them

 in the process 
i rediscovered
 a fabulous one button suit jacket 
dkny

 i thought 
it would be good 
to wear
 on chilly mornings 
it would give
 my other 
dkny
 black former suit jacket
 a break
 a rest

 i put it on
oh 
how
 funny
 the shoulders are padded
 so 
huge
 let me tell
 those of you 
who dont know me
 in the real 3d world
 my own shoulders
 are 
already 
huge 
wide
 like 
a full back 
a wide receiver
 you know
 one of those guys
 what plays
 toonman's favorite sport

 i didnt need shoulder pads back in the day
 that jacket
 needs to be restructured
 i need a good tailor
 to redo it 
til then
 it will hang 
in a plastic bag
 to protect it
 from cat hair

 i also moved 
a lot
 of
 my
 fall into winter clothes 
more to the front of the closet

 i dont have storage space
 i rotate
 the warm
 the less warm
 the lightweight
 from 
back to front to middle
 depending
 on the season

 i also have
 on the floor of the closet
 stacks
 of
 boots 
in their boxes

 i must go through them 
i know there is
 at least one pair 
that will end up
 being
 retired
 permanently 
due 
to
 salt damage
 'they' salt the snow here 
to help melt it 
 it eats away
 at boots
 regardless
 of 
wet weather protection application

 anyway
 i got a start 
now
 i have
 i have ensured
 a return
 to humid summer temps

 no
 thanks 
necessary

oh yeah
 i am loving
 the sleek smoothness
 of
 the newly applied keratin to my tresses
 i am loving
 having painted my nails 
a sort of grey
 i am in a grey mood 

i think on monday
 i will wear
 a grey light weight sweater
 with 
a pair of cropped nili lotan pants
 i rediscovered

 see
 cleaning closets
 can be rewarding
not only
 do you make room
 for new purchases 
you find
 beloved things
 you forgot 
you owned

 win win 
no?


13 comments:

  1. Win! It's funny I have my nails in grey right now too. I do love the Fall...the sights, the sounds, the smells! It is winter I DREAD? I do not venture outside unless I am actually forced! We are at a low of 41 now...and day after tomorrow it really will be 91!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. You sound far more organized than I am. I'm about five years overdue going through and weeding out stuff I don't wear from my closet.

    Weather has been wonderful here too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love fall! I haven't even though about going through my closet yet ... I'll probably wait until the end of September. Love the edit on this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This weekend we set about rearranging rooms and moving furniture to get ready for my grandson (I'm still not used to saying that). That meant cleaning and making room for stuff, so I went through my closet and I have a bag ready for Goodwill. Love the pic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, that is a win win. Wish I was your size (thin) so I could inherit some of those awesome finds. Ha~ Another beautiful morning here. Hope you have a great day, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh, thanks for reminding me. The movers put my wardrobe back in my closet in the "close your eyes and throw things in and then shut the door and run away" way. I have a meeting with (useless) project manager on Wed and so have to organise the closet before he can inspect the floor in the bedroom. You know, when C and I were relegated to a very small provisional amount of clothes thru this renovation, there were more than a dozen times when we looked at each other and said that we actually don't want all those clothes back again. Life is so much simpler with less stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's time for me to do some closet cleaning again.
    I'm sure grey is a lovely color for you. It's not a good color for me at all. Remember when everyone was figuring out what season they were, color wise? I am a Spring.
    Not many more days of late Summer here...Fall is coming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so not ready to get my boots out yet! Maybe when I come back from Canada at the end of the month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hee, i found one of those wide shoulder jackets too, when cleaning the aftermath of my move a year ago (luckily my parents bought a garage for me & bro to share. and we have, quite amicably i might add.) (oh, there's never been a car in that garage...)
    had i never seen what i had stored in there i'd been a lot happier. luckily my current studio apt won't store anything i don't actually use! and the niece sold most of my excess at the flea.

    the wide shoulder jacket? i still have it, but i already know a good tailor who'll fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got tons of clothes in two closets and I rotate throw them all. If I'm hesitant about wearing something it goes in the goodwill bag.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Must be catching. I have been cleaning out closets and a
    storage shed for over a week... maybe I will finish by my
    day off.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have to admit I never did see the point of shoulder pads..I don't believe for one minute you have quarter back shoulders :) I sort my wardrobe out by colour, all blacks etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really enjoyed this post. This has happened to me many times. If I don't wear it for a year, it's out of my closet...I have a lot of people I know who can use my stuff---the lady who cleans our building's stairs, my cleaning lady, friends of friends, and if no one wants it, it goes out beside the trash bins on the street for the gypsies to take. And I agree about shoulder pads. They used to look so 'in'....Remember The Golden Girls?

    ReplyDelete