its all in the details


this
 amazingly
 building
with
its
 detailed facade
 is the 
alwyn court

 it sits on the corner of 58th street and seventh avenue
 aside from the gorgeous detailing on its facade 
its other claim to fame
 the 
ground floor
is home
to

i thought it would be interesting to share
 after
 sharing a photo
 of 
rather busty parisian 'cherub'
over at through my eyes
brought some interesting comments

  the cherubs here are far more cherubic, non? 

 you can read about the alywn
 here and here

17 comments:

  1. Daryl, incredible detail! I wonder how they ever kept track of what came next!
    I must say NYC's Cherubs are much more Cherubic! I like them better than them busty frenchies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, I wonder what went thru the (Victorian?) architects mind? maybe, "hey, Beaux Arts is really in, let's plaster every cherub, scroll, cornice, fig leaf and doohickey we can think of on ever inch of our new building!" I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing detail, can you imagine all the work that went into that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning!

    (Thanks for your help with Son and Daughter, they said you recommended a great restaurant.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. such work - that building is a work of art!
    I'm back after a week of beautiful weather even though it was a tad on the hot side:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have walked by here many times, have yet to go in. Just gorgeous !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is intricate with a capital I. Very Parisian-looking facade, cherubs and all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just cannot imagine the patience and skill that this requires.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous architecture always stirs my soul...xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this building, and after seeing it last year looked up the history. I would love to see the inside!

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, that is impressively over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unbelieveable. That's the only word I can think of to describe this.
    So love it! xo.

    ReplyDelete