benjamin button

so it was the first fridaycation of the summer
hooray!
i slept in til 8 ayem!
hooray!!!
a very long
 it seemed
 involving dream
 kept me from wanting to wake/get up 
but
 i did

do any of you wear/use a bite thingie
one of those plastic protectors
 that are supposed
 to keep you
 from
 grinding down your teeth?
mine has deep gouges from clenching
mine also seems to keep me from totally keeping my mouth shut
hey! no snarky chatterbox comments please
not being able to close
ma bouche
 completely
 results in drool
 ugh
on my pillow 
double ugh
tmi?
ha!

anyway
i got myself together 
 wanted some fully caffeinated coffee
 got dressed
 headed out
 to
 my favorite coffee purveyor 
irving farms

on the way 
i saw this
adorable pup
waiting for the light to change

of course
 i had to crouch down snap a few pix



when the light changed
 we all crossed broadway



 it turned out 
we were 
headed to the same place


his person and i
 had a short conversation
about dogs
 not 
being 
allowed indoors
 at
 food selling venues
 here
 in nyc
 but
i couldnt resist mentioning i had just returned 
 in paris
 and
 it turns out
 in philadelphia 
they are

i said
how adorable is your puppy
 only to learn
 he was not a puppy at all 
but 
12 year old!


another person
 sitting outside
 sipping java
 commented
 he's a benjamin button dog

hence
 the caption
 of
this 
overly
 long
 verbose 
post

18 comments:

  1. He looks like a really young dog. Yay for Fridays off for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He does look like a puppy. Just adorable. I'm afraid I don't know who Benjamin Button is, but apparently I am the only one.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! for Fridaycation! The dog is just too sweet, and so well-cared for - love those 'rear' shots
    This time next week I'll be at the beach, so much to do and no energy to do it. Maybe tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, i too have to wear a retainer, my teeth'd be gone years ago if i didn't. no drool, but i snore. you did ask ;)

    could that little ball of fur be a pomeranian? very adorable whatever he/she is. i met two mop-like puppies yesterday when walking from work, the other was french the other tibetan. did take their pic but the setting sun was so bright against the puppies they look like ghosts...oh well, i'm bound to meet them again.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely way to start the weekend and the Friday-less summers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww he looks like a stuffed toy or something. So cute! 8am doesn't seem like a 'sleep in'... Sounds like a nice morning though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. He's adorable!
    Yeeeeessssssss on the beginning of Fridaycations! xo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My teeth grinding issues at night seem to have gone away since having braces. I think my whole mouth being out of whack was a huge part of the grinding because I certainly don't have any stress in my life that would cause it.

    What is a Benjamin Button dog? I saw that movie but just don't recall a pup in it. Perhaps I should watch it again and pay closer attention.

    Have a great week-end!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daryl, he's a very handsome 12 year old! Sorry I don't remember the Benjamin Button story well enough to relate!
    Glad you had a nice Fridacation!
    Hope your weekend it great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable doggy! I wear a night guard and am on my second as I cracked my other on, which eventually just broke. However, I can keep my mouth closed. Man, can that last sentence be taken more than one way! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. He doesn't look that old...
    and still a puppy in heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I never, ever would have guessed that he was that old!! Definitely a Benjamin Button pup! So, SO super cute!! Glad you enjoyed your day off...some days I don't even go to bed til 7am!! But Hey....I live my life on second shift!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Haha! Took me a second to figure out what a 'Benjamin button dog was' ..well it is after midnight here in Perth :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aww Benjamin Button is the perfect way to describe that young looking cutie.

    ReplyDelete