studly


i apologize 
sitting here thinking
 about 
what to post about
 i realized
 i have done nothing
but
 whine
 about
  the various ailments
 afflicting
 me

 how
 sad 
pathetic
 it is

 so
 no more 

did my regular beautification™ 
sunday morning
 after
 washing drying my hair
 gawd
 what a mess

 i was holding off 
getting a hair cut
 thinking
 if it was longer-ish
 i could ponytail it
 in paris
 if
 it got rained on
 or 
whatever 

but
 its not long enough-ish
 besides
 it looks awful

 toonman
 offered
 that it looked
 'brushed too much' 

so
 a hair cut
 will be happening
 before the trip

 i knew you were concerned
now you dont have to give
 that 
another thought 

packing
 is an ongoing
 mental event 
narrowing down
 the options
is the top priority
 because
 i am packing
 one
 regulation
 size
rolling case
 that will fit
 in the overhead compartment

 toonman
 also pointed out
 'you dont have to worry about what you wear, you can wash things out' 

riiiight
 thank you
 man
 who never travels

 anyway
 after beautification™
 my friend cheryl and i hopped a cab to bergdorfs
 to finish spending my credit

 i managed to find
 a sweet pair of patterned skinny jeans
two black
 can one possibly have too many black sweaters?
 sweaters
 one
 is a open weave
 which reminded me
of the crocheted sweaters
 my mother used to make
 i can't remember
 what they were called 
what the pattern was called
 the other
 is
 oversized
 vee necked
 and
 loose
 it could be worn as mini dress with leggings
 tho i probably won't

 oh
 i still have a small credit
 maybe
 enough
 for a tube of pricy lippie

 then 
we decided
 we were hungry
 shopping
 really amps up the need for fuel
 we opted for fred's at barney's
 vs
 the chic restaurant in bergdorf
 a leisurely lunch
 was 
followed
 by a visit to barney's newly re-done shoe department
 for me
 it was a photo op
 cause
 not only could i not try on shoes
i didnt see any shoes
 i would want to try on or own

 look at these 





if studs
 arent
 your thing
 you
 might like these



studs were the style for every designer 
i dont think
 i will be purchasing
 any new shoes this spring
will you??

22 comments:

  1. Oh I just hate to shop:( I have to find something to wear to a wedding next weekend and I dreading even thinking about it. I wish I could have someone do it all for me! and no I wont be likely to buy any shoes this summer if that is what I have to choose from!

    Did I read right that you are going to Paris? Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can always shop while in Paris!
    How long will you be gone? I am so excited for you!
    And, if those are the shoe styles for this year, I'll pass.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Imagine accidentally walking on one of those studly shoes in the dark in your bare feet. Egad!
    I had my hair cut short-short-short for going to Europe, but it grows so fast it was getting unmanageable by the time the ship made its first landfall on European shores (Malaga, Spain). I stayed on the ship (no lineups at the internet place) and considered getting a haircut. Glad I didn't. By the time we got to Venice, it was so cold I had to buy a plaid scarf to wrap around my head and over my face to keep out the cold wind.
    Paris...of course you can shop in Paris. Do tell us if they are also into shoe studs.
    When do you leave?
    Have a wonderful time.
    When do you return?
    Bon voyage,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not possible to have too many black sweaters. Buy a couple more. I rather like the yellow and white flats in the first pic. Anything else you need, just buy it in Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh ugh on the shoes!!! And I actually do wash stuff out when I go to Europe. I like to pack light and I don't mind rewearing clothes -- as long as they're clean.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the studded loafers. I bet you buy some shoes in Paris. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like the studded shoes. Goodness, if you can't find shoes in NY, I would think you can't find them anywhere! I remember the crocheted sweaters that had a very open weave. Can't wait to see your travel photos. I'm getting excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, the carry-on packing challenge! You can do it! We always do carry-on when we go to Europe. I find that I end up wearing the same things over and over again anyway and always end up taking more than I ever use. It's the shoes that end up taking up too much space ... so usually, only 2 pairs get to go. My super challenge will be doing carry on for our 3 month sabbatical to New Zealand/Australia/Thailand/Amsterdam. Ugh!!! Australia will be hot hot hot and Amsterdam will be cold cold cold.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just flip-flops for me. Who are you going to Gay Pare-eeee with? Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paking, such fun!
    Not...

    Only someone who lives in NYC thinks you can't have too many black clothes...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read somewhere that all you need to be chic in Paris is a classic pair of jeans and a red lipstick..you are going to be the 'chicest chick' Daryl..we want photos and lots of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daryl, I certainly enjoy that you have such a good time shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup, these spiky things are making the go-round.
    They actually scare me.
    I do not envy the packing, as I always way overpack, but it's necessary, you know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do not like those shoes. I would not like your hair in a ponytail and am glad you'r getting a cut. I'm getting excited about you going to the city of lights ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so running late. But I wasn't going to go to bed tonight without getting an update on how you are. Toe must be ok!! I hope! I have loved reading all above!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh good grief, who could possibly walk comfortably in those spiked heels. Oh, well, perhaps they weren't designed for walking.

    Anywho, that store credit sure has gone a long way. I enjoy shopping vicariously through you.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am fascinated by the studded shoe fad now! The sharp ones could be dangerous, don't you think? Lovely photos as always, Daryl. (I'm struggling with leaving comments on many of my "regular" blogs: when the posts number 75 or more, I'm thinking my comment doesn't really make any difference! Some are more than 100! What difference does my comment make? Just my observation.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Evelyn, as a fellow blogger, your comments are always very welcome and makes the writer feel great that their post touched home with a reader..

    Daryl, love all the shoes especially the sneakers! I am so jealous of your trip but cannot wait to see your photos!!

    Rosemary
    NYC Style and a little Cannoli

    ReplyDelete
  19. Girl, if you're really taking one bag, you are good! AND I'm totally impressed! As for the shoes....I'll pass on these. Studs are not my thing. Actually, I haven't been out to look at shoes lately so I haven't seen what's out there. I will shop in my closet first. I dred shoe shopping...can never find anything I really like, nothing fits right, and I don't do fads...closet, here I come! And I'm trying to see how long I can go without buying clothes this year...so far, so good.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the advice from the man that never travels.....

    ReplyDelete
  21. AWFUL SHOES! Surely in all of NYC there are some cute or chic shoes you can tempt us with!!!
    V

    ReplyDelete