waiting outside Irving Farms


so very intently
 watching
 the door
 waiting
 for his person/people 


i did get him to look at me .. what a sweetie


speaking of sweet
thank you all so much
 for
 the kind words
 the empathy
 the sympathy

 it is much appreciated

Wendy loved food
 after a trip anywhere
 (she traveled a lot with her husband a musician)
 she would send
long
emails
 detailing
 every meal
 not just what she ate
 what everyone ate

 at some point
she bought a small camera
 adding photos
 to the drool inducing descriptions

 she complained
 she
(a film/video editor)
could not
 put the photos
exactly
where she wanted them

 i suggested a blog
 it was going to be called
 west side wendy
 chronicling
 all things upper westside
 and
 allow her
to share her
travel
recaps
 and
food photos

 it never got off the drawing board
 but
she read and encouraged my blog

 well
at the time of this writing
 there've been
 315 views
 more than any other post
i ever published

 i imagine
 her
 reaction

widened eyes
 raised eyebrows
 and
 a big smile

sweet

16 comments:

  1. Wendy's photo says it all...those who knew her were lucky to have been part of her life. I can imagine there are many great menories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daryl! Yes I'm back blogging after way too long.

    Indeed what a cutie, and I am sorry you lost a dear friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dogs eyes mirror the deep soulfulness you share today.



    Happy Aloha to YOU
    from Honolulu,
    Comfort Spiral
    ~ > < } } ( ° >
    > < } } ( ° >
    > < 3 3 3 ( ' >

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like he was waiting in anticipation of his owner's quick return!! I'm so sorry you lost your dear friend Daryl...may she rest in peace.
    xo
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. He senses your sadness Daryl, as do I. Wendy sounds like a wonderful person, how lucky you are to have known her. Huge hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh...have to see your post yesterday...

    This doggie is sleek and black. Cool dude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She started sending me those updates too and yes - I remember all the food! Oh, Daryl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daryl, I am so very sorry that your friend left too soon. She looks so lovely and fun in the photo you posted. She will be with you in spirit and stay in your heart forever. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daryl, I love the way this guys one ear flops over! He's full of energy and love, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are a blogging machine. One great idea after another, perfectly executed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wendy sounds exactly as her photo looks, Daryl.
    I am so very sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  12. so very sorry for your loss Daryl. I think I can see you in Wendy's eyeglass reflection taking her picture. it is a very endearing portrait.
    & thank you for sharing "miss me"
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet guy! And Wendy was and is well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh what a sweet face on that pup. And it sounds like you have lost a dear friend, I am headed to your post now to read. So sorry Daryl. xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry for the loss of your friend...She sounds like someone I would have loved as a friend myself.

    ReplyDelete