slowing it down

my week off
 is
 getting away from me

 I need to slow it down

 I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas 
if you celebrate


 if not 
I hope
 you had a nice day
 a nice dinner 

 speaking of dinner
 my friend Donna cooked
she always cooks amazing holiday meals
 but
 this was a first
 a venture
 into new recipes
 she kept saying
 'its all new to me so if its not good just wait there will another course coming'

 lets see what did we have

first off
 champagne or proseco
 to toast 
good friends and family
 being together
 and
 to those no longer with us

 then some chit chat while the cook, er, chef finished things up

disclaimer  
please do not enlarge these photos
 most are crap
 not focused
 should be deleted
 I took the new D7000 with the 35mm with me
 I need to learn to stand stiller
 to not slam down the shutter
 I need to concentrate
 so things are in focus

'cause
 when I did
 those things
 the photos
were
sharp
crisp
and
made me smile

like this


not so these that follow




come on lets sit down


amazing Sicilian egg drop soup
 that's the best description
 it was delicious
 a salad
 of
 finely chopped celery and green olives 

pasta primavera
 with 
squat thick macaroni
 chunks of seasonal veggies
 like eggplant 

wonderful crisp garlic bread

a choice
 of 
filet migon and/or swordfish
 cooked under a blanket of spinach, mushrooms, onions delish

wash it down with lots of lovely wine
 then indulge in eggnog pie
and
hope 
you do not explode!


while you are digesting the menu
 I am entertaining
 friends from out of town
 today and tomorrow
  all our adventures 
will be recapped 

see you later