leader of the pack


I had the week off
 but
 it wasnt a week 
of lolling about
 friends came into town
 from Virginia
from Maryland
 we ate
 we drank
 we walked
 we walked
 we ate
 we drank
 and
 we walked some more 
we also took cabs
 and
 lots of photos 

we went
 up 
to the Top of the Rock
 looked out
 over NYC
 some of NJ

 a day
 that started off
 with rain
 turned into a lovely evening

  good friends
 good times

 after a lunch
 at 
Land
 on
 Amsterdam Avenue
 we were
 on 
our way
 to wander
 gawk 
the windows
 on 
Fifth Avenue

 I spotted
 these pups
 waiting for their owner? 
their dog walker?
  whichever

 outside
 Cafe Con Leche 
I am guessing
 he or she
 was 
fueling up

 it was cold out there

10 comments:

  1. Colorful door and patient dogs! Sounds like you had a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine them with reindeer antlers...so cute. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you've had a wonderful week with friends! The dogs are cute as can be, what nice coats the dogs have on -

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture looks like it was painted. Love the colors. Glad you had a good time with your friends. Happy New year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how you've altered the image as much as I do the image itself. Thinking about how cold those dogs must have been bothers me, though. Glad y'all had a great time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daryl, What a fun group of puppies!
    Sounds like you had a great week! But I knew you would. But I like to hear it anyway!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love the fact you can find every type of dog breed walking the streets of NYC! And they don't bark at me, even better! Great shot and hope u have a wonderful New Years !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. they all look as though they have somewhere important to go

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw you take this picture!

    Thank you, thank you, thank you for the best time these folks from Virginia have had in quite some time. The Ches Bay Kids want to know when the next Blog Fest will be since they enjoyed this blogger outing so much.

    ReplyDelete