this and that

So how was your weekend?  
Mine was, 
considering
 the lack of
 heat, gas and in many cases an actual roof 
overhead
 for thousands 
in 
NJ/Staten Island/Long Island/Connecticut, 
not bad at all  

I saw friends 
who share 
with me 
survivor guilt 

 there are 
shops
restaurants 
and 
banks
 running
 clothing and food drives

 I urge you
 if you can
 to donate 
that coat
 those gloves
 you no longer wear
 clothes
 your kids 
have outgrown

 so many
are without
its getting colder
 and
 to add
 insult to injury,
 literally,
there's another storm headed this way midweek

I walked over to the GreenFlea
 in the school yard 
at Columbus and 77th

 it was closed

 the gates to the school yard
 were padlocked
 schools were closed
 all last week
 I am sure 
that is part 
of 
why
 it cancelled

 many vendors
 come from
 the 'outer boroughs' 
Upstate 
NJ
 transportation dependent on gas 
is limited 
many of the rail lines are only beginning to resume service

the Farmers Market 
is clearly resourceful 
they set up
 their 'tent-like' stalls
 along 
Columbus Avenue
 behind the museum

I got some apples 

 it was interesting 
to see 
lines
 snaking out
 of 
Shake Shack
 and
 for that matter 
small crowds
 outside 
many
 of 
the brunch serving
 restaurants 
along 
Amsterdam Avenue


when I saw 
Island Burger
 was open
 I stopped in
ordered
 some food to-go 
they were only taking cash
 as their credit card machines 
weren't working
 something 
I noticed 
by the signs 
on their front doors
 a lot of stores 
had trouble with

yes,
 I got 
past
 the survivor guilt
 and 
mani/pedi'd it as usual
 after cleaning the apartment on Sunday

 no walks were taken
 apparently
 it is now
 too cold
 for Toonman to go walking
 its too bad his doctors don't read this blog
just saying'

the cats
 enjoyed the early morning sun 
after the time change on Sunday
 I can't believe 
Harry's been with us 
only 
2 weeks

he and Jack
 might not be snuggling
 but 
they sure are 
wrestling 
racing
sharing window sills
couch cushions
 even sort
 of 
playing together

this not so hot iPhone photo got Topaz Labs Simplified

Oh yeah

PLEASE

tomorrow

get out 
and 
vote!!