on your mark, get ready ...

tomorrow 
is
 the 
first day 
of
 fall

 I'll be celebrating
 with
 a hair cut

 exciting, no? 
please
try to contain yourselves.

once the temperatures cool down
 (seriously? it really wasnt all that bad a summer) 
New York City 
comes alive 
with all sorts
 of 
outdoor
 events
 Feast of San Gennaro
 Fall Street Fairs
 the NYC Marathon
 and
 some less well known events
 like
 the one 
one of my blog readers, 
Kelsey, 
hey Kelsey!!! 
asked me
 to tell you about

 wait

 I am going to let her tell you herself
 (sort of)

I am running
 the NYC Marathon 
this 
November 
for
 St. Jude's Children's Hospital

  I will be hosting
 a
Happy Hour Fundraiser
 on
Friday
September 28th
 7:00 PM-10:00 PM
 at 
Overlook NYC Bar
225 East 44th Street

  Admission 
will 
be 
$26.20
(26.2 miles .. get it?)
which
 includes
 2 drink tickets

 There will be
 drinks
 raffles
 tons of new people to meet 
and
 a gorgeous view of Manhattan
 from
 the rooftop bar!


I hope 
everyone
 who can
 will attend
 its for a good cause
 and 
you get to mix mingle drink
 and 
Instagram
 that view

17 comments:

  1. Chubby Chatterboxes don't run, not even for good causes, unfortunately. But I hope this event is successful for you. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephen! You don't have to run to attend a Happy Hour though =). Take care and have a great weekend.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! Check out those orange shoes in the window!! Anyone would look fashionable running a marathon in those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! If I was in town, I would attend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless her, St. Jude's is one of my favorite causes. It is a wonderful charity. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the event is successful. Can't believe it's fall already. :0

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish the event much success. And I love your shoes photo....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting! The support I receive from "strangers" is unbelievable..so thank you all for your kind words. If anyone has any questions regarding donations or the event, you can contact me at kelsy.demelo@gmail.com.

    Thanks again!

    PS those orange shoes are quite fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know I would if I could.. Good luck Kelsey sounds like you've got heaps of support..nice one Daryl.p.s. I AM excited about your haircut haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daryl, sounds like a great event! Wish I could come, mix and mingle!
    Hope you have a great weekend! The first of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Daryl... so sorry about your little Rose. She looks like she was a true sweetheart. :-(


    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck to Kelsey on both the fundraiser and the run! They both sound like fun:)

    Aren't "sneakers" so colorful and beautiful now?! Love that shot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. re: the post above...sorry about rose. hard to lose a companion.

    ReplyDelete