this and that

My 
last 
Fridaycation
 the 
last
 Friday
 of 
August

 Summer
 is almost over
 I dont know how
 it is 
where you
 are
 but 
the warmth of summer 
lingers
 on here
 sometimes
 into October

 by the way
 if you ever want to visit NYC
 October
 is the perfect 
month

 I flirted 
with
 taking the Staten Island ferry
 today
 not
 having 
made it last week
 but
 I woke
 yesterday 
with a slight case of vertigo
I dont think
 a ferry on water 
is where 
I need to be 

I'm okay

 I just 
cant
 do 
a lot
 of 
head bending 
especially 
not down 
especially
 not quickly 

its not
 too hard
 to avoid 
however
 when I went to bed last night 
convinced it was fading
 I lay down 
suddenly
 I was 
well
 its hard to explain
 how 
lying 
still
 you can feel
 like
 you're 
whirling
 twirling 

not pleasant 

so 
I think 
I will stay
 standing 
or 
sitting
 or 
walking
 and
 on solid ground
 not
on board
 a ferry

 nevertheless
 I am
 definitely
 going to get out and about

 seriously 

I am fine and I am sure this will pass

Last Saturday
 after my hair appointment in Midtown 
I wandered
 over 
to 
Park Avenue
 shot
 those great Niki de Saint Phalle sculptures



 on the way
 across
 54th Street 
I passed
 an old building 
actually 
an old restaurant/bar 
called 
Bill's Gay Nineties
 (click here
it closed in March
the building its being renovated
these 
windows 
stopped 
me 
in 
my 
tracks

Hipstamatic app using Tejas lens and Cano Cafenol film

every weekend 
Hipstamatic
suggests a lens/film combo
for its users to go out and shoot with 
this week's is
one of my favorite combinations

what do you think?

okay!

I'm going out
my plans are in flux
but 
I know
I'm gonna have fun

go have fun!!!



16 comments:

  1. I know what it's like to lie down and feel as though you're spinning. My experiences in that regard have all been self-inflicted, though; brought about by too much booze. Terribly unpleasant sensation. I pray you won't be afflicted with it too much.

    And here's hoping you have a great day with wonderful photographic opportunities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm remembering your seasickness when heading out to Cape Cod (was it?) a couple of years back. It took you completely by surprise. I think you've made a wise choice to stay away from the ferry.. at least for now.

    Oh enjoy your last Fridaycation .. on level ground.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the window photo. Nothing like an old building for inspiration. I get vertigo every once in a while and I think it is part of a little 24-hour virus or something.
    Enjoy your day. We had cooler temperatures and our natural air conditioning (fog) roll in last night. Such a relief after a few hot days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love that sculpture! she looks like me dancing in my kitchen. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your vertigo gets better. Our Fridacations (every other Friday) go year round. I love'em.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daryl, I love those statues! Very unique!
    Have a great long, extra long weekend! I know you will! And I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. me and my mom both get vertigo, mom more often. i learned this maneuver to get rid of it: http://ohjepankki.vsshp.fi/en/fxd/10279 (in english)

    looks silly? you bet, but it might work for you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice shot of the windows, but seriously: get some MECLIZINE @DuaneReed - it's gone non-prescription. I too have experienced vertigo - worse than the worse sea-sickness ("Kill me now" I begged)

    Ah, October in Manhattan is another term for HEAVEN! (Got my dragon tattoo 2000, October down on Ludlow. . . .lunch at THE Deli KATZ . . . . walking all over all day. Yep, that's heaven same as when I was 14!

    Sometime. . . . . and now YOU'LL join me for coffee!

    Keep posting the City just for me, Daryl, OK?


    Weekend Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=
    > < } } ( ° >

    > < } } (°>

    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the window image here, Daryl. And sorry to hear about your vertigo. I've experienced the room spinning thing but like Suldog above, it was self-inflicted. Putting one foot on the floor usually always seemed to make it abate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love these shots.. the statue and especially the windows.

    Hope the vertigo passed quickly... whenever that happens I just try to
    stretch out and let it take over until it passes.....

    Happy Holiday... my usual schedule so I will
    be laboring on labor day !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The photograph of the windows is truly one of your very best.
    Really, really beautiful Daryl.
    I hope the vertigo passes quickly.
    I know how nasty this can be.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the window shot. I've had vertigo once and I wouldn't want it again. I feel for you :( Be careful and take care of yourself xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry about the vertigo but glad you know how to deal with it..never had it and it does not sound pleasant. Love the statues and the windows. I was on the water yesterday having fun!
    <><

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the window 'treatment' Daryl, hate the vertigo..I get it now and again also and as you say lying down with the room spinning around is a very unnerving sensation..glad you decided not to go boating..'woman overboard' is not something anyone ever wants to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have so much fun there...well all except for the vertigo that is. ~Lili

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am quite late reading about your vertigo and do hope it is completely gone:( Lots of things can cause it including inner ear problems so if it persists have it checked out!

    ReplyDelete