counting down to end of summer

another Friday 
another Fridaycation
 my Fridaycations
 are winding down
 I refuse 
to count 
how 
mamy
 are
 left 
there are 
too few 

I am not sure what my plans are today
 I am feeling lazy
 I am feeling
whelmed

Recently 
when I said
 that 
to Toonman
 he 
told me
 a comic
 one that he cant recall the name of 
the one
 he said
 we may not like 
is using
 'I'm whelmed, but not overly so'
 as the title
 to his act

 I said 
I love it
 I love it 

for eons
 I have 
semi-jokingly
 wondered
 why 
you can be 
overwhelmed
 even
 underwhelmed

 but

 no one 
ever
 says
 I'm whelmed 

it tickles 
my sense 
of
 the absurb
 to claim 
I am whelmed

 whichever
 state of feeling 
I
 am
 going
 to do
 something 
today

 yup

 meantime 

while I am figuring it out 
here's a photo
 to enjoy
 or
 whatever
 feeling
 you're
 feeling!


Toonman said
 it could be
 a launch pad 
at Kennedy Center

 its 
actually 
me looking up at the sky
 in 
Times Square 
at the intersection
 of 
Seventh Avenue and 42nd Street
 using
 my iPhone's Hipstamatic App's 
W Mag FreePak with the Wonder lens and W40 film 

Enjoy Friday
I know I will 

19 comments:

  1. I agree with your post, and I love looking at NY through your eyes. XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! oddly I watched 10 Things I Hate About You (one of my favourite movies) last night and your whelmed talk totally reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhUJe3vkLIs.

    Fantastic photo!! I love photos talking straight up the way like this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer may be almost over but you are Looking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I see Aimee has already mentioned the 'whelmed' discussion in the movie last night, how funny that you should mention it today. Well it seems to be official, I couldn't find 'whelmed' in the dictionary but if enough people start using it, who knows..it could be added!

    ReplyDelete
  5. p.s. that is a very cool 'space age' looking image Daryl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the perspective you have taken this photo. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, I LOVE "whelmed!!"
    It's perfect for so many things. For me anyway!
    Love this shot.
    I am getting a lot of "dark stuff" with the combo, but I do love the tones.
    Gotta keep working with it.
    You have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stay whelmed and I love that word too. I've never heard this analogy and you are so smart Ms. Daryl. Hope your Friday is a great one..

    This shot is probably how all mine would look if I visited. I would need someone to guide me, as I would constantly be looking up. MMS

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are right, whelmed is something nobody talks about.

    Your photo is dizzying is a good way. I'm really enjoying my W magazine freepak. I'm still using it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm "whelmed" all the time." I just don't say so. If I'm grumpy in the morning I simply greet people with, "Morning." I leave out adjectives such as "good" or "fine."

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one crazy sky! And now you've got me thinking of all those over- and under- words and if they can or can't be used either way and in the 'middle.' Well, I am overjoyed the weekend is just about here but can't be underjoyed when Monday comes....I'll just be pissed the weekend is over. Enjoy yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. "whelmed"; a verb meaning to be darylized to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BTW:

    whelm/(h)welm/

    Verb: Engulf, submerge, or bury (someone or something): "a swimmer whelmed in a raging storm".
    Noun: An act or instance of flowing or heaping up abundantly; a surge.
    Synonyms: overwhelm - inundate - flood - deluge - overflow

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count faster! I am not a fan of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. pretty little mammatus cloudies!


    Aloha from Honolulu
    Comfort Spiral
    =^..^=
    > < } } ( ° >

    ReplyDelete
  16. just checked back in and your photo is gone.. replaced by some symbol....
    Que ?????

    ReplyDelete