late start

After
 a 
really
 wonderful 
weekend 
I got into the office
 to find
 chaos
 over a change
 in 
WiFi access 
oy 
and 
vey

So how was your re-entry?  
How was your weekend?

  Mine 
was as I said
 wonderful 
really
 wonderful 
having 
Fridaycation
 is the best,
 tho I admit
 that on Sunday
 I awoke
 in a mild panic 
thinking
 it was Monday
 thankfully
 my half awake brain
told 
my half asleep brain
 it was Sunday 
a return to sleep ensued 

 BUT
 back on Friday
 armed 
with 
pliers, screw driver, some weird looking wrenches 
and
 8 pieces of desk
 along
 with
 assorted screws, washers, bolts 
we
 put the desk together 
without 
one 
damn
 fuck 
or
 even
 an eye roll

 then 
Toonman
 hung my art, 
my Alice Balterman decoupage mirrors,
 and
 .. drum roll .. 
the BIG mirror 
that has been sitting 
leaning
 against
 the bookshelves
 for more years than I can remember 
here are some photos


there it is under all the clutter


from the right side behind the computer


from the left side behind the computer


I have photos
 of 
my Blisters
 at 
Blogfest outside the Sea Shanty
and 
 Atlantic Grill this past February 


 there's my favorite wedding photo 
me eating cake 
so lady like
HA!


here's the whole corner with the art
I thought I took pix of the art
turns out 
I didnt

On Saturday morning
 I beautified
in the late afternoon
Kate 
arrived
  only 5 minutes later than she planned
 after
 horrific traffic 
she was rewarded
 with 
a legal parking space 
outside my apartment!

we cabbed it to Robert

started 
with 
a Wartermelon Martini, hold the mint

an amuse bouche


we finished with lots of desserts
the Bombolini
was
mine


dont we look satisfied?


left to right
Mike and Emma, Lauren's gorgeous twins, Annie, Kate, Lauren and moi

Kate 
(for more better pix, go to Kate's blog here)
spent the night at her son's apartment
 and 
they joined me for brunch 
at 


the check 
comes
 with 
a little bowl of
 salt water taffy


Sunday 
rested

I hope you dont feel too hungry
 after
 all those food pix 
or 
too tired after all the fix up pix
its always more fun with you!

oh 
none of the photos is/are signed

25 comments:

  1. Busy busy busy! Your desk area looks very nice! And all that food? My goodness, what a feast for the eyes:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous weekend Daryl and might I just say you look gorgeous, I'm loving your not so new hairstyle and can I ask HOW THE HECK do you stay so skinny after eating all the scrumptious food that you do?? I love your workspace, well done the two of you getting it organized, I do believe at last I have seen more photos in one spot than in my area!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We couldn't have put a desk together without a single foul word or evil glance, kudos to you:) You have a marvelous creative space!
    So glad you were able to have dinner and brunch with the girls, sure it was a bittersweet dinner since MM is moving -
    Yum! The food photos are making me hungry, it all looks so good...
    You look fabulous (as always) dahlink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fabulous, and dinner looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you have done with your space! So personal and intimate. It sounds like you all had a marvelous weekend! How fun and sorry I missed. Much more exciting than my current world of jack hammering, sawing and dust! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you had a productive and fun weekend! I was really following your instagrams of the dinner party.

    I had my 9/80 Friday off. We always have fun. I made it a rule, no errands on my days off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks a wonderful weekend to me! So nice to see you and the blogger crowd having such a great time. Have a great week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. fabulous office nook you have

    love the group shot at the table

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salt Water Taffy! My co-worker just came back from a Maine vacation and brought a box to work today, so I was eating a piece while I read this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a well-adjusted, happy and content group of people enjoying each others' company.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love what you did with your space, Daryl.
    It looks wonderful, and I'll bet it feels pretty wonderful to have it all done.

    I swear, you have the "bestest" weekends! So glad you had a good time.

    Happy Monday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Daryl, what a wonderful weekend you had!
    We had a quiet one after a busy week! Just what I needed. Today we're grandchildren tending! Always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great space. I really love it because it looks so inviting and personal.

    I spent the weekend in a totally opposite place -- camping in northeast PA. No beautifying possible. LOL. We did eat well, though.

    Sorry it took me so long to visit your post. We were out of town and didn't have Internet access.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Visited Kate :) I've never had any food resembling any of that in my life. Fancy!

    Wonderful decorating job on your "office" and I love the wedding cake photo!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think your desk area looks fabulous, as do YOUR photos of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I"m worn out!!! And love Alice's mirrors!!!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm very impressed that all that desk assembling happened without an f-bomb OR an eye roll. The rest of the weekend sounds--and looks--wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Excellent photos of an excellent weekend! But oh, brunch! Love brunch...what more could you ask for than getting to eat 2 meals at once..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes.. I am sooo hungry after looking at the foodie shots..
    and not a damn thing to eat here at work......

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looove the pics and art - and also the Clorox wipes under the counter! Good job, Toonman!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous space you've created--love those mirrors. And the reward of a weekend spent with good friends is priceless. Lucky, lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've done that, woke up and thought it was a work day... I've even traveled all the way into work only to find the door locked before I realized it was a Saturday or a Sunday... you did good on the desk... love that monitor, it is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have a strange looking photo of myself eating some of our wedding cake too. Not sure why the photographer snapped it since it is in no way becoming of what a bride should look like. Glad I am not the only one with a photo like that. :-) Glad you had fun with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Looks great and those muchies look delicious! And I think we have the same menorah. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your new desk area:) lots of inspiration all around you...love it!

    Through Instagram I feel like I joined you at Robert! Incredible food! Great friends and spectacular views! what more can you ask for!

    ReplyDelete