day and night


both
 these photos 
were taken with
 the
 Instagram app
 on 
my iPhone

full disclosure:
 they
 have 
also 
been
 edited
 using 
Topaz Labs Simplify 3 Oil Painting preset


this is
 the
 main whatever
 in
 the 
Times Square subway station
 where 
all
 the westside lines
 come together 
along
 with
 the shuttle to the east side

  the 
top photo
 was taken at 
7:15ish A.M.
 the bottom photo
 was taken at
 almost 5 P.M. 
from
 approximately
 the 
same
 spot

  as crowded
 as it seems
 it gets
 even 
more
 so
 in less than 5 minutes

thankfully
 I 
have
 learned
 to 
time
 my passage
 through
 the sea of commuter humanity

  its 
Fridaycation 
my plans
 are
if the weather is nice
to go 
down
 to the Union Square area
 in
 search
 of
 new dinnerware 

BIG camera might just come along 
we'll see, wont we

enjoy your day!

13 comments:

  1. It's interesting how random shots look so filled with portent. Interesting things are happening around us all the time without our realizing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes, yes, yes! I love the photos themselves and the 'oil' treatment. Good luck at Union Square...waiting to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy, I'm working!! But half the people are gone so its nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to see your pictures of the city....they are awesome, but I have to admit, a bit intimidating.........guess I am a country girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy place! Good luck with your search for new dinnerware.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daryl, I love both these shots! Especially the first one. It seems like the top man is being followed by some malevolent spirit. Quite eerie, but somehow compelling.
    Hope you found your perfect dinnerware and had a great day doing it!
    Looks like our weekend will be wet. It's pouring at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So love that second shot...I am a closet people watcher :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love subway photos, and these are wonderful.
    Love the tones in the first one.
    Hope you are having a great Fridaycation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What difference a few hours makes. I just downloaded instagram to my droid -- haven't played around with it yet. Enjoy your day off.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite a difference! Hope you enjoyed your Fridaycation, despite the rain!

    ReplyDelete
  11. have a great weekend daryl! i love how these stations can be empty at one time and completely overrun with people at others!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The "wet floor" sign seems to be ignored. Do people make eye contact much?

    Hoping you are having an enjoyable weekend~ xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't do it often so I find the subways exciting. I can remember the first time I ever went on one when I was 22 believe it or not. It was during the days of very loud, screeching trains...I think they are quieter now

    ReplyDelete