monday morning blather


So 
have you 
adjusted 
to the time change?  

I know 
we 
do it here
 in the US
 I am not sure 
if 
Canadians
 adjust their clocks

 losing an hour is rude 
I dont care
 how 
much 
more
 daylight 
there is at the end of the day 
I want 
my 
hour 
back

if you're awake 
you might 
have 
noticed
 I changed 
Monday Monologue 
to 
Monday Morning Blather 
why? 
well 
monologue 
seemed 
so 
stuffy 
the 
spelling 
seemed 
pretentious

 its more blather 

blather 
being 
a less 
pretentious 
word 
or 
maybe 
more

 bottom line
 I like it better  

I've been blogging 
4 years
 give or take 
new bloggers pay attention 
I am about
 to impart
 old blogger wisdom 

when you start blogging
 its all about getting followers 
so 
you join things 
called 
MEMEs 

no

 I have no idea 
how its pronounced 
but
 its a good way to meet other bloggers
build that following  
then you start to find themes 
for each day 

clever pithy titles
 for the clever posts
 you write 
 fun captions
 for the photos you post 

of course 
once you have become comfortable posting
 you 
dont 
worry 
about the 
number of followers
 or 
being in a MEME
 or 
passing around awards 

you 
just 
want 
to 
keep 
being
 interesting

 maybe
 the title 
for my post weekend recaps 
should 
just
 be 
blather 
that's all it
 is
 blather 
punctuated by photos


hipstamatic iphoneograph john s lens kodot xgrizzled film no flash starbucks b'way/82 street


for
 months
I have been trying 
to
 figure out 
why 
the # of followers 
doesnt show
and 
why
 'titles'
 or 
'labels' 
on the sidebar 
dont show

 the other night
 apropos 
of nothing
I had this brain fart
what
 if the reason
 the words
 dont show
 is
 because 
you set the type color to white?  

then 
I fell asleep
 amazingly 
I remembered 
in the morning and checked
 sumofabeach 
if 
hadn't 
set
 the font color
 as
 white

DOH

GAH

fixed it 
I discovered
 I have
 405 followers

wow 
I guess
 I am not as jaded as I thought 

thank you
for joining me as I blather along
okay, 
now
off to work


hipstamatic iphoneograph john s lens kodot xgrizzled film no flash lobby of 4 times square

22 comments:

  1. I'm happy to be counted in your number of followers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice day!!! And enjoy the daylight this evening;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dog didn't set her clock back either and was very surprised when her
    'bubby' came home an hour early (to her, anyway!)
    I love to read your words, no matter what you call them:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You silly girl with the white font:-). My chickens don't go in until dark so now I am not finished with my outside responsibilities until almost 7:00. But we all adjust because we hane no choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I figure the Gods owe me about 61 hours and that blather about getting it back in the fall won't wash...England has Summer time, but don't think they do it this early...April I believe unless they fell for the same hogwash we did..going back to bed now...lovely to visit with a like mind!
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snort.. don't you just love those brain farts? The number of followers shows up on your dashboard page too. And just in case you were interested and didn't know.. your blog (this one) has 454 followers in Google Reader).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, now I don't feel so bad...can't tell you how many times I've worked on a project wondering why in the world I can't see the letters and then it hits me...white font! And whom do I call to get the hour back? I would love it if, after the fall change, they never changed it again. I'm confused enough! Keep blathering!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blather is better. Monologue reminds me of Jay Leno. 405 is a sh*tload of followers Ms. Daryl but I'm not the least bit surprised. We love you and your fabulous photos, sense of humor and sharing your life with us. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dary, I like your blather! But I'm in the dark about what happened this weekend! Yes, we change our clocks up here too! Make absolutely no sense to me. Never did understand it or know what difference it makes.
    An antiquated idea, that needs to be eliminated I think!

    ReplyDelete
  10. change what?? Why? I March to the beat of my own drummer.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very happy to be one of the 405 (is that like the 1%?)

    I hate changing the clocks. We should dump that. We are NOT an agrarian society, and folks are smarter now - we can adjust our hours if we want. Things don't close at sundown anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG. That's hilarious about the white type. Laughed out loud when I read that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG!
    I would say, "Are you kidding me????," but I know better!!
    Thank you for the smile. Okay, let's be honest here...the laugh!
    You're fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the reflection shot. I'm not surprised by the macbook there.

    blather, monologue, I prefer monologue but then I always have trouble spelling that word. I'm thinking babble would better but that's just me.

    have a sweet day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't care what you call it, I'm very happy that you write/photograph/post it. Hooray for the 405 (and to be among them)!! Here's to many more...

    ReplyDelete
  16. guess you can always move to Arizona and
    forget about DST..

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant blather Daryl! You know I think 'blather' is a Scottish word, my Dad used to say it all the time, 'you're blathering again hen' he'd say. I think I might have missed the first two stages of blogging, I don't do themes or 'memes' mainly because it takes me all my time to work out the monthly one haha! and although a few people have nominated me for awards, it's all too hard, so I just plod away with trying to show Perth to it's best, which is #$*%@*^ hard when it's 40C. Hmm! maybe Dad was right, I tend towards 'blathering' also Daryl. btw loooooove the reflection shot, I'm liking your hipstamatic images so much.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The good news about working about 20 hours a day is that you don't really notice the time change. Have just ramped down from *insane* to *crazy.* In about 3 weeks or so I'll be back to normal. Gotta love the spring editing season. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and my husband. I didn't realize until Saturday that it was spring-forward day, and I put off notifying the hubby until the last minute. He reacted pretty much as expected, with the usual wailing and gnashing of teeth.

    I love the word "blather". It's a lighter and more colorful characterization than "monologue". Whatever you call it, you're obviously doing it right. You don't attract 406 followers for nothin'. (Had to laugh at your whiting them out.)

    AND: Thanks for putting the shooting info under that awesome Starbucks shot! I'm just beginning to explore effects, and that is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete