blather or babble

whichever

 before 
beginning
 to 
babble 
or 
blather 
or 
blather and babble
 or 
both 

I want to tell you 
about 
one of my favorite 
series 
of 
books
author
 Louise Penny 
was recommended
  by a co-worker 
who 
like me 
devours 
mystery books
 as soon as
 they hit the book stores 
ebook sites 
libraries 

Chief Inspector Gamache 
is Penny's protagonist
 in this series
 set in Montreal
 She's working on book #9 
with 
book #8 
The Beautiful Mystery 
set to hit stores on and offline
in August
 you can order 
pre-release
 in the meantime
read the other books
I promise you will thank me

 If you want to 'meet' Louise 
here's a link to her blog 
click here

Recently
my blog friend
Cloudia
commented about NYC:
 "the city is a museum of architecture and sociology and humanity!"


hipstamatic app: john s lens, ina's 1969 film, no flash

this is a perfect example
a very new high rise
the architect 
here 
took a page from the past
adding trim, balconies and a hint of the Flatiron shape


Looking 
forward to the weekend 
a massage 
was 
scheduled for 
Saturday morning
 til 
I remembered:
March 17th
St Patrick's Day
parade
crosstown traffic
 will
be 
impossible 
re-scheduled the appointment
to
Sunday afternoon
 then 
I thought 
why 
not
 walk
 back/forth 
across the park!  


unfortunately 
the slot I gave up 
was no longer available
oh well


saw these in Urban Outfitters

 glow in the dark sunglasses with attached 'staches'
what every St Pat's celebrant needs

hipstamatic app: john s lens,  float film, no flash


to go with these t-shirts



hipstamatic app:  john s lens, float film, no flash


may the road rise up to meet you
just don't drop your beer!


14 comments:

  1. LOVE those glasses with 'staches. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would so love to see the St Patrick's Day parade in NYC! We are celebrating St Patrick's Day tonight in our local pub listening to a fantastic Irish band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those glasses...
    Cloudia's observation is right on the money!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must be my eyes, but when you scroll down the building, it gets bigger!

    Cloudia is right and hope you have a great weekend hon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought a pair of lavender sunglasses last year in Seattle and my daughter would not be seen with me in them... I should try green. I have some white flowers sitting in green food coloring now to turn them green. My friend is making a St.Paddy' Day lunch on Saturday...corned beef...etc. And I am making an "Irish Coffee" cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that building, Daryl. Thanks for the tip on the book, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daryl, hope you have a great weekend. Will be putting Ms. Penny on the list! Our kind of reading too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for the tip .. I will check out the e books..
    one of these days I will have time to sit down and read
    instead of working at the PC and organizing photos...

    ReplyDelete
  9. My maiden name is Patrick, so I really need a pair of those glasses Ha!
    Will add Ms. Penny to my reading list, I love mysteries and am always looking for good ones to add.
    Terrific building
    Have a great weekend and enjoy your massage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cloudia's quote could not have better described what the city is to me. Just perfect!
    I LOVE that high-rise. An amazing example of some truly beautiful architecture.

    Have a fantastic weekend Daryl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And the NYC Half Marathon is Sunday;) You should come out here...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the new old-style high rise. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want a pair of those sunglasses with attached mustaches a lot Daryl. Such a great shot of the highrise building the hipstamatic is a joy! Enjoy your Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy to get a recommendation for a new mystery series:) I am nearly finished with the Donna Leon Venice series and was wondering where I would visit next...Montreal sounds good!

    So did you buy that t-shirt:)?

    ReplyDelete