monday monologue

last week 
I became another year older 
I didnt want to celebrate 
I wanted the day to pass quietly 
like the
 'just another day'
 that it was 
but 
Toonman 
had other ideas
 first he made me a birthday toon
 then he baked me a cake 
a tradition in this marriage 

he knows how I love cold cake 
he put it in the fridge overnight


delish

my weekend plans 
multiplied 
from 
'just' the monthly massage 
weekend mani/pedi 
a 'possible depends on the weather'
coffee or brunch with my friend Wendy 
when 
I got an message from my friend Mary 
she was sending me a gift
from Paris!

 it turned out to be my friend (and former blogger) 
Steve T Paris 
here on a weekend getaway 

Saturday we lunched at Recipe

Sunday
lunch at Atlantic Grill
with the 
ladies
you may know them as my Blisters:








and 
darling Jules (who used to blog)


and
my sister


(who refused to be in any photos that might end up on the internets even tho iPhone pix dont do well in low light!)

we ate


 we drank

(the inside of the card read: Thank You)


we took photos


a fabulous time was had 
and
Rose got a present


a kitty sitter from Hilary 
at 
Rose loves it

Wanna help blow out the candle?

23 comments:

  1. Great times for you ladies! Great shot of all of you too!! And once again I want to wish you a lovely birthday which will come around again next year too! I'll share it with you, okay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds - and looks - like a picture perfect birthday :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great birthday that turned out to be! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday Daryl! Ray can bake a wonderful cake!! I hope your day was special, it sounds like it was, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that group photo! Could you send me a full rez copy so I can have it framed? I had much fun, from the traveling with Reena to the most excellent lunch at Atlantic Grill. Love that place. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect birthday weekend Daryl, I must say your birthday cake almost made me drool, if it tasted as good as it looked oh my! and I have to say I am totally in love with Rose, she has the sweetest face ever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a great birthday! The cake looks DELICIOUS. Question: why the pasta in the fridge?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds and looks great! You look good--birthdays suit you! Happy that Rose has a kitty sister.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, the cake looks magnificent and I wish I had a big hunk of it right now. I notice, however, that you keep your pasta in the fridge. I've never seen that before (or I've never noticed it at anyone's place.) Have you, or your family, always done that? Maybe I'm weird for keeping it NOT in the fridge (or maybe for making such a deal out of you doing so.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like you had a fabulous birthday, filled with people who love you - - how can you beat that??!! Happy belated Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, cold CHOCOLATE cake--YUM! What a fabulous day you had. Well deserved, that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great weekend! Happy Birthday! And love Kate's blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like you had a fabulous birthday Daryl!!
    Your cake looks yummy, and what a sweetheart Toonman is!!

    Once again... HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Daryl, a super special weekend! Sounds like you had a hoot! Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Swellegant!



    Warm Aloha from Waikiki
    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >
    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww! what a nice weekend celebration you had! wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you had such a lovely time. By the way - I'm a firm believer in celebrating everything possible, even in a small way, so I'm glad you did ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great weekend for you, I'm so glad!
    Will be missing for a few days, this year my husband is in the hospital. Long story but he was taken to a hospital 2 hours from here, packing up to go and stay with him.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy late birthday. That cake looks sooooooo good. And what a fun day with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Daryl. Birthdays just do NOT get any better than this! Priceless. ♥♥♥

    And of course, one day, Laura and I will be there. Yes. One day.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds like a great time. I'm glad. :) And that cake looks SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete