monday monologue - weekend fun

First off .. Way to go Giants!

Toonman 
records the games 
so he can FF through commercials and other distractions 
and 
so his BP can recover between tense plays

Secondly ...  Way to Go Mama!
my Blister, 
my friend, 
my Lauren 
ran

(along with her handsome son Augie) 
a half marathon 
in support of 
the
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
race over 
to 
congratulate her

The weekend started off with an early release, escape, umm .. departure from the office  
It was sort of wonderful getting home before dark  
The temps were strangely warm 
(vs. the arctic freeze earlier in the week) 
I got off the subway at 72nd and walked uptown  

As I approached 79th Street, 
something caught my eye
I looked to my right 
but all I could see where buildings
 .. what was it .. 
a few more steps 
I'm at the corner 
I look to the right 
what do I see?
 I'll show you


an almost full moon 
hanging over the city 
I whipped out the old not so trusty point&shoot 
aimed 
steadied 
snapped 
snapped 
yeah twice 
just to be sure  

I am going to try to get the whole moon tonight
 if the weather gods permit 
a clear sky is needed

When I got home another surprise was waiting.  

I'd read about little lenses for the iPhone 
If you've got the newer model, the 4S, you've got a nice little camera 
8 megapixels worth 

I however have the iPhone 4 
no S 
no extra megapixels 
since these little lenses were relatively inexpensive 
and 
I hope to own the 4S or the 5 
whichever is available 
when my contract with my current provider rolls over
I treated myself


that's them  
One is a wide angle/macro and the other is a 1X zoom
both have little lens caps
back protector magnet caps 
with little loops to hook on whatever 
They attach to the iPhone
via a little round reinforcement like 
(remember reinforcements?  
those little round Lifesaver-ish looking stickers 
you put on ripped looseleaf paper 
so it stayed in your looseleaf binder? 
I know I am old) 
stickers. 
 I have a hardcase for my iPhone 
and while the lens adheres to the sticker nicely 
I dont see myself carrying my phone around with the lens on
I am thinking this is carryable/attachable while out and about 
but 
in truth 
its likely better used at home  

A 1X zoom isnt all that zoomy 
The little macro 
(is that an oxy-moron?) 
takes a sweet close up, 
here take a look


that critter 
is maybe 
2 inches long 
the heart he's perched upon is about 
4-5 inches wide

I got mine at Photojojo
and no, 
no one at Photojojo or Apple or anyone else 
is compensating me for this 'review'


Saturday morning 
I discovered
Rose
peed on my desk 
the symptoms of what we thought were urine crystals returned 

I am wishing she had a better way to tell me she is not feeling well
since it wasnt a true emergency 
(and there were no regular appointments) 

Sunday morning
(thank you Jack for feeling the need to mark it too)
at 9 a.m.
we walked down to the vet

 this time I managed to get a urine sample 
(pure luck) 
for them to analyze 


within a few hours 
we learned she hasnt got any urinary issues, 
more likely its a gastric thing
so no more treats

After the vet visit 
I needed beautification more than ever 
along with some relaxing alone time which I got at Polished
followed by a quick visit to the GreenFlea with my friend Donna

I got home in time to sit with Toonman and watch the Giants win

Amazing 
here we are right back where we started
thanks for coming along
its always more fun knowing you're here


25 comments:

Dianne said...

getting a cat's urine sample is like striking oil!!

I love the Toonman but I just can't be happy for the Giants

Happy Monday gorgeous

Deltaville Jamie said...

Poor Rose hope she's better soon.

deborah said...

Not even going to ask how you got the urine sample! I'm glad pretty little Rose isn't sick.
I am going to check out the lens, we both just upgraded to version 4, the 4s wasn't available yet in this market (unless we wanted to wait 6 weeks...) anyway, it would be fun to have the lens.
Take care and have a wonderful week!

Akelamalu said...

Loving that little critter! Congrats on getting the urine sample - that must have been difficult!

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

Izzy had something gastric going on last night, and Rowdy kept giving her dirty looks and moving as far away from her as possible. When she stinks, he gives her the stink eye.

Hope Rose's issue clears up soon. Poor thing. :-(

Mental P Mama said...

Awwww. Shucks. I have been wondering about those lenses...and I remember those reinforcements! I may have some here;) Hugs for Rosie....
GO G-Men!!!

skywind said...

A very cute cat!

ds said...

Yes, there was great whooping here yesterday afternoon in honor of the Men in Blue...congratulations to your "Blister"...oh, Rosie, feel better!

Wonderful moon!!!

Jeane said...

I love monday mornings and enjoying my coffee with your weekend rambles, thanks, xo

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Aw, poor Rose.

The Giants? Well, we have nothing good to say about that in our home:-)

Go Niners!

bobbybegood1 said...

First, WAY TO GO GIANTS!!!! Second, good for you to make the time for metime. Third, kitty is beautiful. Fourth, THAT IS THE MOST GORGEOUS PIC OF THE SKY. Fifth, Cheers!!

Paxie said...

Reinforcements...yes! White.

Really super proud of Lauren and the photo of the two of them brings happy tears to my eyes. Priceless.

Happy Rose is not sick :)

I still have an LG phone but I think those little lenses are so cute!

Hilary said...

Poor Rose. I hate it when a critter isn't feeling well. And so does my wallet. I empathize.

Laura~peach~ said...

i do love to spend the time with you :)

Suldog said...

I've had many, many cats in my life, but I have never had to get a urine sample from one of them (and I can't imagine how in hell I'd do so, if I had, so thank God for that!)

Congrats on The Jints, Toonman. They played some sort of hellacious defense. They should give Green Bay a good run, if not win.

Judy said...

I was kind of excited to hear about that new lens for the iphone 4. i may have to look into that. maybe someday when i grow up i can take awesome photos like you :)

Country Girl said...

Thanks for taking me along, pee pee, Giants, and all.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Wow, what an action-packed weekend.

Remember, now, I need to make an appointment to see that vet of yours. Or rather, um, next time you make an appointment, let me know and I'll tag along. You know, just to support Rose and all.

lisa said...

I am sorry Rose is not feeling well again (just sent you an email asking about her before coming here). Thank you so much for the information about the lenses. I have a 4 also.
Have a wonderful night!
Go Giants!!!!

Deb said...

I love it when weekends are full of fun and good living ! Thanks for taking us with you. My weekend was full of laundry, grocery shopping, and putting away the holiday decorations and I am not complaining...at least I didn't have to collect cat pee ! Happy week !

PerthDailyPhoto said...

I'm so happy Rose is 'A' ok gosh she is a beautiful little cat Daryl, is she all white? A stray cat found it's way into my garden and my heart a while ago, she was pure white I called her Lily, three years later when she passed away and broke my heart the vet said to me , do you realise Lily is actually a Lionel!!Who knew! I'll always think of her as Lily though.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Btw I meant to say congrats to your sister and her son for doing the marathon, such a worthy cause and ..your moon through the trees shot is lovely.

missing moments said...

Cool you bought those lens. I have yet to use mine much ... gotta find a way to keep with me. Poor Rosie ..and poor you for the mess. I'm hoping by now she has recovered or at least recovering!

Beth F said...

You'll have so much fun with those lenses. I've read about them at Photojojo. I got some moon shots on Saturday -- will be posting them on an upcoming WW.

steviewren said...

What a weekend!

....cat pee on the desk, not so good, but I'm glad to hear she doesn't have any serious issues.