monday monologue - all over town

Ola!  
Its Monday again 
time for me 
to spill 
all 
the weekend excitement 
I know you all 
wait 
breathlessly 
for this drivel

Last week 
I promised to link back to 
where some of my photos are posted to serve as prompts for poems
My bad
I didn't forget 
I was waiting for some of the poets 
to feel their muse
there's a Mr Linky at the bottom of the post there 
 to read what the photo(s) inspire click over and do say hi

Okay  

Saturday 
was spent in the 'hood 
I had a lot of errands a lot of wandering in out of various shops in search of elusive cosmetic items
 I know if I had trekked to midtown 
I'd have scored 
I was just wanting to walk 
look in windows 
keep my eyes open for photo ops
like this one 
of the small 
Farmer's Market 
at 


 I saw this at the honey seller's kiosk

 you can be patriotic 
 pour from Ms Liberty's crown 

or
you can buy some of these bite sized honey candies
(I took this shot for Faye)


Sunday
I had a mission
a gift certificate for Saks
I had hoped to get myself a very expensive pair of shoes
it turned out that Saks on Fifth Avenue
doesnt carry the brand I wanted
they also no longer sell 
a small leather goods line I had in mind as a back up
I need a new wallet
instead 
I managed to snag two pair of JBrand leggings at 70% off
Yeah me!

On the way to Saks I did took a few photos to share with you

this one is for 
Debbie Angel 
who loves the 
Empire State Building

this is Bryant Park the 42nd Street side

here 
a couple of tourists have breakfast
it was a very mild day

there's an ice skating rink in Bryant Park
this was taken 
just 
as they opened the gates 
for the afternoon session

I love water shots
this fountain has several spouts

last but not least
Jack 
wanted to show off his mighty 
stretch

thanks for tagging along
its always fun for me
I hope its fun for you too!

25 comments:

Diane Cayton-Hakey said...

First thing our pets do each morning... shake and stretch to get the kinks out. I do the stretch but haven't mastered the shake just yet. :-)

Cathy Hudspeth said...

Love your images.

Fireblossom said...

Go Jack! I love the skaters. I want to skate in circles and unwind, too!

Trisha said...

That is a nice stretch, Jack. Love the photos of your time "out and about."

Nancy said...

so lovely :) i bought apples at that very stand on saturday; love the little tucker square market. and jack, you are tooooo cute!

TSannie said...

Love the stretch!

deborah said...

Always love to read what your weekends are like...you always do the most interesting things and take the loveliest photos! Jack is just too sweet!

Jeane said...

totally fun!! I loved the sign at the skating rink, 'skate in circles and unwind', very good!! happy monday xo

Akelamalu said...

It's always fun to visit here and see what you've been up to Daryl. :)

judi/Gmj said...

Great shots, silly Sax. Beautiful Jack.

Denise at Autumn Sky said...

Another busy weekend for you. I hope you find the shoes you want, but the jeans were a great deal. Just the wandering and browsing would have been pleasant enough for me.

Rob G said...

So how small were the farmers?

Robin said...

Daryl, glad you had a nice weekend! I find it so nice to get your point of view of the Apple! So much of the world knows so much about NYC. It is quite iconic. I'd certainly like to visit there one day! But it's nice to visit it with you!

sybil law said...

Awww - Jack is frigging awesome!

LL Cool Joe said...

That's some stretch! :D

Cloudia said...

Jack had that SAME move when he lived here. . . wait, that's gotta be a different cat. . .
Love the water shot, and the honey containers! (got a soft spot for lady liberty)
I remember shopping!
And yes, some of actually DO wait to see what you and Actor Guy have been up to. Oh! The Mean Gurl lives! Captioning the young couple as "tourists"
is TOTALLY catty you wicked blogger! LOL


Warm Aloha from Waikiki
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

lisa said...

Wow! Lucky you on those J-Brand leggings!
I LOVE your Monday Monologues!

Pat Tillett said...

Hi there! Haven't been here for awhile. Still happy to see you are taking great photos. Love those street shots. Hope you are doing well...

faye said...

That Jack is a cool cat ...
Love all of your out and about shots and you know how much I adore the gator shot...thanks for that ...

Country Girl said...

Oh, it is fun running around the city with you.

Bibi said...

Thanks for the weekend walk. I feel invigorated! I think those are maple sugar candies the gator has his bite on. I ate so many of those as a kid that I can't eat maple sugar candy anymore.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Oh it's always fun for me Daryl you know that. NYC through your eyes is exactly how I imagine it to be, real images of real people. Love it, great buy with the leggings, shame about the shoes though! p.s. Jack's gorgeous!

Paxie said...

Oh just made my day and thank you! xoxoxox

Jack looks just like our cat Kelly that we had when I was growing up! Twins!

Me and Peach have got to get it together down here and visit!!

Wow...

Mental P Mama said...

Jackkkkkkkk!!!

Beth F said...

I like taking a Monday walk with you. I wanna be Jack! I love water shots -- and this one is very cool. Oh and that pink behind the ESB? Lovely.