its beginning to look a lot like


This is another long post
 it might turn into two posts 
who knows 
but lets get started with my meeting 
my Blister 
(Blog+Sister = Blister)
Shelley and her pal Darcy


visiting from the Canadian West Coast  
they've spent the past week sightseeing and just plain having fun 
Saturday they included me 
a wander through Hell's Kitchen 
and 
down into the Flatiron 
looking for artisian crafty holiday crap, treasures, on sale at holiday fairs 


 We started on 39th and Ninth at the Hell's Kitchen Holiday Market
lots of junk 
and 
one snotty vendor 
who chastised me for exploiting their wares by taking pix vs shopping

well sir, 
Shelley shopped 
as I exploited 

see


 this Tibetan gentleman 
showed us this bowl when stroked makes this amazing sound  
its a yoga thing 
I think 
well I know 
that 
Shelley teaches yoga 

She bought herself this lovely and warm Yak wool shawl 
because baby it was cold outside!


We trekked down to 25th and Seventh in search of the 
Festival junk, er, artsy fair 
Shelley had seen advertised online 

 along the way I keep seeing people 
dressed in Santa get ups 
of all sorts 
turns out it was 
SantaCon
 and the city was filled with Santas 
in all shapes, sizes, colors and get ups
they wandered in packs
stood in cliques
 crossed streets 
waited for taxis
waved at me
smiled at me
posed for me
 they were everywhere 
to show you how everywhere
 they were 
I did a collage
these are only the shots I liked best 
tho admittedly 
some were taken so fast that the focus is not necessarily great 

here they are unedited unsigned SOOTC for you!


there's more 
but I think I'll add it to the Monday Monologue 
just in case nothing happens on Sunday to blather about

17 comments:

  1. Ha! My friend participates in SantaCon every year in Portland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your monologues...
    I've missed keeping up with the blogs
    maybe I can catch up soon.

    I had a similar experience with a
    shop owner coming outside to yell at me
    for taking shots of a window display..
    he was still yelling when we were two blocks away... jerks.... if they don't want it photographed they should keep
    it out of the windows....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting day you had - people, places and Santas galore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh good lord! exploiting him via your photos!! what a diva

    love the shawl, looks wonderful on her

    the santa collage is so joyful

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can nothing happen on Sunday in the City, eh? Seriously!

    Hi, Shelley ~

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOl...I guess you couldn't find my number....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Shelley!

    I like the idea of everyone dressing up as Santa Claus. Maybe we can do a similar thing here in Mathews only instead of Santa Claus everyone has to dress up as crabs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the SantaCon!! I tried to embiggen, but :(

    Beautiful Yak and happy you all had such a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Daryl, oh what fun! I think there's a song that goes with that, but I can't sing!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had a wonderful time Daryl!
    Love all those Santas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh gosh...that is way funny Daryl. The Santa collage is way cool =) Fun, fun, fun....xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never heard of "Santa Con" but how cool is that? Wonder if we have it here? Are your friends from Vancouver because I'm just south of the city.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These kinds of East Coast Big City Saturdays when you might see ANYTHING, or meet ANYBODY made me who I am today: warped!

    Snotty vendor = SO New Yawk! (or San Fran. . . it's a type of these urban oasisesss)


    So you are my blister? LOVE the concept, hate the word.

    Gonna share this jolly post on my FB page now . . .


    Aloha from Waikiki

    Comfort Spiral

    > < } } ( ° >

    ><}}(°>

    < ° ) } } > <

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that you all got to meet and shoot together. What a fun day for all. I want that shawl ya'll.
    V

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun day! Love all the holiday cheer in the shots!

    ReplyDelete