flea market finds - samplers


We went to the 
(NO! they do not sell antique cars or garages)
on West 25th Street 
between Sixth and Seventh Avenues
I'd never been before 
and 
it was interesting  
its inside a parking garage 
so it indoors 
but 
its not heated 
so its cold 
I guess 
most collectors of such crap, 
antiques, 
are hot blooded 
searching through other people's cast offs
 looking for that one item really worth 
something

this was hanging along the ramp up into the garage 
I looked at it on the way in and on the way out 
I decided I had to share


Its a Wall O'Samplers  
I suppose 
you cut them 
and 
frame 
individually 
what happened to actually stitching your own sampler 
with your own motto, pithy, clever, witty saying 
like
umm
umm

Yeah

Well 
I guess stitching samplers went the way of the motto t-shirt
or did it?