ghoulies and ghosties

all things 
scary 
is how the Upper Westside was looking on Sunday 
(it would have looked even scarier had we not had a mini blizzard the day/night before)
when I went a photo hunting

it started off pleasantly
until I noticed 
a skull 
among the pumpkins!



there was a wraith at the gate


an unwelcome mat at the door



a horrible face 
at the 
window


I tried to get closer 
but
the screams
the screams
oh oh oh
they
scared me away




I ran 
to 
Amsterdam Avenue 
where the shop windows
were filled with
even more horrible visages






I hope your 
Halloween 
is 
frighteningly wonderful

BOOOOO!!!!!







first photos were taken on West 78th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus.  
the windows on Amsterdam belong to Super Runners Shop and More & More Antiques
the rest in pieces bench was enhanced using Picnik.com's seasonal effects 
but the bench itself w/o visible ghosts and/or inscription resides in Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati



22 comments:

  1. Fantastic !!
    the photos and your commentary
    just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween, Daryl!!
    Hope it's spooktacular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man! That fella with the creepy face and the rainbow hair are way scary! Seriously... way creepy dude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SCREECH!!! Those were great, Daryl!

    Love the header especially!! I saw you fly by :)

    Well, not that you're a witch hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love what you did with that last photo. Very clever, my friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween!!
    love the scary you captured
    especially the windows and the rest in pieces

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bad teeth and bulging eyes are definitely in vogue today haha! Have a great Halloween Daryl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And a Happy Halloween to YOU, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see NYC really gets into the spirit of the holiday. So to speak.
    ;-)

    And thanks for your supportive comment re our ghost cat. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one who has one.

    Have a happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun stuff. The city is the place to be during this holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the first is my favorite...but I really wonder how they got my picture on that door mat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love your narratives and photos....especially this one...boo!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just LOVE how you made a story out of those!
    Thank you so much for linking up to Howlerific halloween #BOO, so far behind over here with a week in DC and then a conference that had no internet (yes, a social media conference with no internet lol)
    Thank you ...loving trick or treating today with a big bag of candy by my side ;)

    ReplyDelete