ghoulies and ghosties

all things 
scary 
is how the Upper Westside was looking on Sunday 
(it would have looked even scarier had we not had a mini blizzard the day/night before)
when I went a photo hunting

it started off pleasantly
until I noticed 
a skull 
among the pumpkins!



there was a wraith at the gate


an unwelcome mat at the door



a horrible face 
at the 
window


I tried to get closer 
but
the screams
the screams
oh oh oh
they
scared me away




I ran 
to 
Amsterdam Avenue 
where the shop windows
were filled with
even more horrible visages






I hope your 
Halloween 
is 
frighteningly wonderful

BOOOOO!!!!!







first photos were taken on West 78th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus.  
the windows on Amsterdam belong to Super Runners Shop and More & More Antiques
the rest in pieces bench was enhanced using Picnik.com's seasonal effects 
but the bench itself w/o visible ghosts and/or inscription resides in Spring Grove Cemetery in Cincinnati