monday monologue - a penny for your thoughts

I spent 
most of weekend 
schlepping an umbrella 
which 
thankfully 
I never needed 

Nevertheless
the
Green Flea 
was under populated 
as the predicted rain 
kept many vendors away  

We didnt walk
again

Toonman walked by himself 
when I was off 
beautifying™ 
Saturday  

Sunday 
I read
he watched football 

We lead such an exciting life  

Anyway 
the point 
as 
always 
made 
long-windedly 
is 
I was thinking
what can I post about
into my head
popped
the expression 
'a penny for your thoughts'

I give mine away for free

Are you still with me?

Immediately this came to mind:
Tom Otterness 
who may be my favorite sculptor evah 
populated 
a small park 
along the river 
waaaay downtown  
with some greedy bankers




and
lowly but hard workers




Officially 
I believe its called 
Nelson Rockefeller Park 
after the billionaire and late Governor of New York 
but the 
'locals' 
call it 



See
it all goes back
to
paying for thoughts
and
a topic/photo to share!



Thanks for visiting its always appreciated!

19 comments:

  1. the going rate is now a quarter
    for your thoughts.. a penny would never do in today's market...

    interesting sculpture.. is there
    more in the park ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. very interesting indeed. Love how you tied the two together...I give mine away for free too. Somebody should pay me to stop talking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would pay to read what you are thinking about each day:)
    Such a whimsical sculpture, the little workers made me smile.
    Same weekend we had except I was sewing while the hubs watched football.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post, definitely worth much more than a penny! There is/was a sculpture by this fellow in front of some hotel, forget which one, in Seattle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such nice Sundays at home!

    Radical statue masquerading as tribute to a plutocrat. Crafty-


    Warm Aloha from Waikiki;

    Comfort Spiral


    > < } } ( ° >



    ><}}(°>

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I feel richer reading about your easy weekend. . .and love the sculptures.
    Happy week to you two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just the fact that you live in NYC makes your life fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'd love to visit penny park - it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting, and I like how you made the connection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts are not worth a penny....great shots of the park. One of my favorite places in NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's an unusual park...NYC is filled with that :)

    I found an "angel penny" this morning while washing the jet ski I haven't used in two years. This was due to laziness on the part of my son. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  12. penny park how cool... my thought are worth maybe half penny but not so sure about that lol...
    happy monday

    ReplyDelete
  13. one good thought always leads to more good things!
    I love Otterness so thanks for this & the link!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's awesome. NYC has some great places. In the words of my daughter - I do need to get out more. On a serious note though many people disrespect the penny because it is the lowilest denomination of currency in USA. Bummer. Cheers!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never heard about this park until now. I used to collect old pennies. I wonder when this big one was minted. ;)

    ReplyDelete