monday monologue: busy weekend


Friday
We didnt 
go to the


after the excess 
of 
annoying 
whining 
little 
brats 
in the 
adjacent 


 I do not understand 
how 
DAY CAMP 
group 
with at least 2 adults 
to every child 
could not 
remember 
to walk down the 
narrow stairs in the 
Tropic Zone
keeping 
RIGHT
had they 
maybe 
we and a lot of others 
wouldnt have had to wait 
as long 
as it takes 
a slow moving frieght train 
to cross 
urban RR tracks
and 
what ever happened 
to letting other people 
stand close 
enough 
to get a photo 
of an animal 
without
your 
child 
in it?



I had 
to 
settle 
for 
 paws 
and 
an awkward shot
of this 
adorable 
because 
a child 
refused to stop
 'petting' it through the glass
 insane 
seriously
then her father
 - a man of about 15 ft in height - 
stepped 
into 
ToonMan's shot of same sleeping leopard
 ToonMan is five nine
on a good day

(that's his waiting for me to take a photo look)

I wish 
those 
kids 
could have 
seen 
this



Maybe they'd have stepped away from glass

Nevertheless 
I got some got pictures, 
the newer new lens 
(18-300mm) 
its heavy, 
oh my is it ever, 
but 
it takes insanely 
gorgeous 
photos
so I am thinking its worth its weight


Saturday
Errands and beautification 
in 
preparation 
for 

Sunday 
a visit 
from my old friends/Blisters 
and 
a new friend blogger 
(Reena)


we 
wanted 
to have lunch at 
but there was a bit of a wait 
so 
we went to the GreenFlea 
and 
wandered 
then 
we wandered 
the Farmer's Market 
before heading 
to a long lovely lunch 
of non-stop talking 
about what? 
cameras, blogs, travel, spouses, gossip

Thanks for sitting through the monologue
I promise to share more zoo photos

14 comments:

  1. Such a nice monday monologues.
    Beautifully captured photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Arrrrrrrrggggghhhh. Reminds me of being at the Squam Lakes Natural Science Center, in New Hampshire, which is a wonderful place where animals who cannot survive in the wild, for whatever reasons, are given decent spaces to live out their days and provide us with an opportunity to enjoy watching them in exchange. Anyway, I love bobcats. Always have been one of my favorite animals. And they had a couple of them there. I enjoyed seeing them. What I didn't enjoy was the group of kids who were treating them like they were sixty pound housecats. These kids were swinging a camera on a rope of some sort and getting the bobcats to chase after it against the glass. I was half-hoping that the bobcats would break through the glass and maul them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise you I will teach MB better manners than that, because that is one of my pet peeves, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope says you need to take her with you, she is allowed to push away people her own size

    I love the paw shot!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Child/apple father/tree.


    I LOVE that paw!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. Paw shot. Yep...kids.

    Yep. I'll just sit down here envious of your lunch with the ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was a wonderful day. And your new lens is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that leopard shot ... jealous jealous of the lens!
    And wasn't it such a fun day for the 5 of us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. haha! Dianne is so funny!
    & I'm glad you kept your sense of humor through it all Daryl, you're funny too!
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. there is a peach missing in all this :( pouts... but so glad you and the blisters had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The lens is fabulous, but the
    one behind the lens is the
    gifted one with the great eye
    for detail and composition..
    I'm sooooo jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You captures some great photo memories of your busy weekend! Can't wait to see what you're up to this coming weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment.
It is appreciated.
Blogger can sometimes be rude but I try hard not to be.
I think anyone who leaves a comment deserves a personal reply.

I reply to everyone I can by hitting reply to the comment feed in my email.
Unfortunately, sometimes it just comes up noreply-comment@blogger.com.

You can fix that .. go to the comments section of your blog and attach your email to your posts.

Or

email me: fashionistanyc at gmail dot com