monday monologue - we're ok!

Yesterday
I
shared
the only
photos
I took
after
Hurricane Irene
stopped
raining on us
and
being a lazy sloth
I didnt go
out and explore
  The guilt
is
enormous
especially since
we didn't take a walk this weekend!

To make up for my slacking
I am
sharing
some more
of
the
glorious birds
all
the various critters
are all fine at the
Bronx Zoo,
the Aquarium
and
the other
Wildlife Conservatory
facilities in the 5 boroughs




I dont know 
the 
names 
of 
these 
exquisite avians 





but
I do know these are parrots!



 thanks for coming along!


14 comments:

  1. These birds are magnificent. Glad all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, beautiful pictures Daryl....I am glad NYC didn't get the brunt of the hurricane. Believe me, it is not a pretty sight after one of these~I should know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you're OK Daryl.x

    Love the birdies and I absolutely adore your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those colorful guys! And glad all critters are fine at the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ...So glad to hear you're okay! That right there is some good news! :o)

    ...Lovely, lovely photos!

    ...Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Daryl. I lived in NYC from 1970 to 1975, studying music at Columbia and working as a secretary at MT Sinai Med Ctr as well as various law firms. Since 1975, I have been back twice (1987 and 1997). It's an exciting city, but one needs a lot of cash to take advantage of all the operas, ballet, and musicals in town.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful!! Beautiful birds :)

    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. ? what you get when a humming bird ...s with a crow ???

    fantastic shot, loving that lens.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful birds. So glad you came through unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, they are stunning. You take the most fabulous pics. Cheers D!!

    ReplyDelete