morning glory

Its going on three springs now
Annie
brought me a
HUGE sack
of
MiracleGro

I bought a new window box
 to eliminate the bad mojo 
of dead morning glories past

 Well 
they weren't ever really dead 
they just never sprouted  

I soaked seeds
I cut the appropriate 'slit' to enable
 - what's the right term? - 
a root to grow

At the proper time
when the seeds looked like 
spermatozoa

(stolen from these people)

I planted

waited 
waited 
waited  

Nothing
  
So in the end 
I bought plants at the Green Market 
that the squirrels ate

 Sigh 

This past summer into fall 
I oohed
and  
I aahed 
over
deborah kitt's morning glory photos

 She sent me seeds

I
waited
very 
patiently

For what?  

For Easter to be over

Apparently 
frost
is
verboten
after Easter


I'm a believer!

16 comments:

  1. DAMMIT! THEY WILL GROW!!!

    And if they do, save the seed - you will get the most wonderfully colorful mutations next year!

    xxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have the patience required to maintain plants.. weeds are
    another story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crap. So I need to plant my morning glories, like -now?!
    (And congrats!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love morning glories... dont have a clue as to what you mean about splitting seeds... but cant wait to see them when they bloom :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. they live!!
    this is but the beginning of a morning glory legacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I'm so happy those little seeds sprouted, can't wait to see your pictures of flower-laden vines!

    (or - Hillbilly Seeds move to the Big City and love it)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love morning glories and moonflower vines (the cousin to morning glories that blooms at night). Good luck! Hope they grow for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK, those sperm are hilarious.

    Congrats on the sproutage!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yea! The power of persistence is paying off!

    Get some Deer Off from Lowes to keep the squirrels away. Spray the box once or twice a week...it really keeps the little dirt digging, plant eating beasties away.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, look at them coming up! Yay!

    Those spermy critters crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't get past the spermatozoa photo.. Hilarious! Thanks for stealing and sharing with us.

    DI

    ReplyDelete