sharing

I am shallow
I am vain
I work for a multimedia corporation's internet division
I have access to new and upcoming internet sites
Have you heard of Birchbox?

For a nominal monthly fee 
you get a box of samples tailored to you,
to your preferences
all gleaned from a profile you fill out.

After you get the samples if there's something you like you can purchase a full size version on their site.

I got my first Birchbox last night. 
check it out:


Oh and this month, 
in honor of Earth Day, 
they partnered with EcoFabulous
and went totally green 
(not the background, 
just the box and it contents, 
the background is my attempt at a backdrop 
for my desktop shoots.)


On top of the samples was a list of the contents  

LIV GRN natural eau de parfum, 
Suki, exfloliate foaming cleanser, 
Weleda, a wild rose scented smoothing facial lotion, 
Zoya nail polish in Dove (such a good color) 
and 
Zhena's Gypsy Herbal tea (Italian Camomile).  


And inside the ribbon tied packet?


That little square of paper?  
If you plant it, it will flower!  
Its Bloomin's handmade paper,
 they made all manner of stationery items.


I was not compensated in any way for this post, 
I just found a good thing and wanted to share. 


And since today is the deadline for filing income tax
I thought everyone could use a little vapid, shallow, fun

Did you mail your taxes off already?
Are you a last minute-get-to-the-post-office-one-minute-to-midnight filer?
or
Did you need an extension?
Shallow, vain, nosy me wants to know!

20 comments:

  1. did you know that, due to a little known holiday in Wash. DC today, our taxes do not need to be filed until Monday??? Wow..I've still got two more days to work it out.

    Thanks for the info on the sampler, sounds like a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely goodies in a little box! I love the paper you plant!

    Yes, all done with taxes. Did my share of decreasing the deficit...HA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun idea but only if they have chocolate and wine. ;)

    We have until the end of the month for tax time north of the border.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea on their part to sell new things.

    Taxes? Oh gosh, we are early birds and already have our return spent on mulch and fertilizer for the yard... I know, fun stuff, right? LOL

    DI

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the kind of shallow, vain and vapid stuff I like!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always file my taxes as soon as I get all of the necessary forms and receipts. I refuse to let the government hang onto my money for any longer than the minimum requirement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Taxes are done and filed...thank God. Need to check out Birch Box...looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Birchbox is delightful - the plantable paper is a great idea!

    You are never shallow or vain:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. We were early filing our taxes, remarkably enough. The money was quickly spent on major repairs to our vehicle :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was expecting a box full of birch! It makes for great burning you know. Has a really hot fire - good for warming up quickly!

    We don't have to have our taxes done until the end of the month! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sampler! Even more so being green! Taxes all filed here at the little house...refunds for Cdub and me...poor little T had to shell out 41 smackaroos!
    <><
    WV- spente
    Our refund is already spente!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Birchbox sampler!
    Don't even talk to me about taxes...

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great box of goodies!

    I have until January to fill in my tax form but I will do it next week (hopefully). ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your box of goodies.

    Already filed, no refund, nothing due!

    ReplyDelete
  15. vapid & Shallow: that's ME!!!!!




    Aloha from Honolulu


    Comfort Spiral

    ><}}(°>


    ><}}(°>

    <°)}}><

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bob is waiting to hit SEND and file our taxes at the last second.. just because
    he can ...

    The Birchbox looks appealing..
    thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's always fun to get a box of surprises! Enjoy yours.

    This is the first year I've ever e-filed my tax return. I noticed this week that my return had already been deposited to my account. Wow, that was fast. (for once I got a fairly decent return...thanks to being laid off 8 months)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, hey. This is cool stuff. Haven't gotten around to checking out the link you sent me.

    I had my taxes done back in March. I got a nice big check that is still sitting on my kitchen table waiting for deposit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That is so very cool. I am going to check it out as soon as I am finished here! Taxes, ouch. Yup, sent in our gargantuan (sp) checks a few weeks ago. Kind of sucks being self-employed sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Birchbox sounds (and looks) very cool. I'm going to check it out. We had out taxes done back in Feb, my husband likes to get them done as soon as possible!

    ReplyDelete