monday monologue

Monday monologue or how I spent the weekend.


Friday morning I was anticipating Friday evening not just because it was the end of the week, the beginning of the weekend but because I was going to have my much anticipated Christmas/Hanukkah/Birthday/Valentine's Day gift from Toonman .. an iPad .. the NEW iPad .. I'd held out for it vs the 'old' iPad and it was finally here.


I get a small discount if I buy through our company connection (literally a link to Apple's website store) so I logged in, put all the things I wanted: iPad, camera connection, Apple Care extended warranty, red leather cover into my 'cart' and I saved it.  I decided to try and go to the Apple Store on Broadway on the way home and buy it there BUT if there was a long line, I'd go home and click on my 'cart' and buy it, it would arrive in 5-7 business days... at least that was the plan.


HA!


The line snaking around the block, up the next street looked to be at least a 3 hour wait, so I smugly walked on home ready to log on and click PURCHASE.   Except that when I did my 'cart' was empty and now the wait for shipping was 2-3 weeks .. 2-3 weeks.


GAH.


So I did what any electronic nut would do I ranted at the computer, I whined, I cajoled but my 'cart' remained empty.


Saturday I went to Exhale Spa on Madison/77th Street where Ron worked out the 2.5 months of tension I'd accumulated since last I saw him.  90 minutes later muscles relaxed, neck, shoulder and lower back aches vanished and I felt 2.5 months younger.


Walked down to 66th Street to meet my pal Blondie at Match a cute but over priced bistro off Madison.  We ate, we talked, we drank, we discussed where to go and what we wanted to buy.  First a trip to Crate & Barrel for a teapot.  Nope.  I am in search of a specific size, a specific type of teapot.  Alas neither Crate & Barrel nor Bloomingdales nor Zabars seems to have one.  We also stopped at Bergdorf to oogle the jewelry, drool over the shoes and buy some of the base I use from Chantecaille.


At the Apple store on Fifth Avenue the line was much shorter but they were sold out, anyone waiting on/in the line was going to get a gift certificate which they could bring to the store at a 'later date' to redeem their iPad.  I decided I'd would just wait til mid to end of the coming week and go in person to either the 14th Street or Prince Street stores and buy one there.


On the way from Madison to Fifth 
I spied this




I wondered what sort of 
pretty red flowers
 they were so I moved in 
for a closer look



Huh?

Little red glass flower shaped lights!

Park Avenue also seems dressed for spring .. 
this is the intersection at 57th Street
but
there are HUGE flowers at every intersection on Park Avenue
as far as the eye could see

Yikes .. even the creepy crawlies are huge


And these adorable 
lollipop-ish flowers 
were 
on Park between 57th and 58th Sts


Sunday we woke when the outside door buzzer BUZZZZZZZED at 5:30 a.m.  okay, it was 6:30 a.m. but still it was a rude awakening.  Fresh Direct had delivered our order the day before.  The entire order was covered in the 48 oz of apple sauce that had broken in shipment/delivery.  Toonman had put it on the off white foot stool of the slipper chair because he didnt want to bend to lift it off the floor AND he was working with a client so it sat there a while ... so when I got home the stains had pretty well set in.  Sigh.  Fresh Direct was apologetic about the breakage and the mess promising a credit AND a redelivery of the apple sauce.  I never expected them at 5:30, er, 6:30 AY EM.


The rest of the day I spent beautifying I had my leopard Minx toes re-Minx'd in a flower power Peter Max pattern ... now if only it was warm enough to wear sandals!  




Oh yes the iPad search continues ...  this morning I logged onto Apple via the office connection and there's my 'cart' still loaded but now its a full month before it ships.  I've made sure its saved but I'll be schlepping down to one of the aforementioned Apple stores to see if I can snag one there.


Once again verbosity strikes, seriously I dont know how to not go on ...... thanks for visiting, I do really enjoy and appreciate your comments!

22 comments:

  1. Only NYC can dress up for spring so creatively.

    Hope your waiting won't be too long for your new toy. I've vowed that once this PC I'm using dies, I'm back to Apple for good and forever. Now die, damn it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those flower shaped lights and the giant bug, that's adorable

    so this Ron guy - is he cute? is he straight? does he freelance?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a bummer re the iPad, still you will get one eventutally.

    Ron sounds wonderful, I wish I lived nearer!

    Those little red flower lights are just lovely, I bet they look adorable when lit up at night - can you get a shot?

    I've been tidying up in my garden today as the sun is shining, though it's only 9C not warm enough to sit out - shame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With the exception of not getting your Ipad and the mess the apple sauce made, it sounds as if you had a lovely weekend!

    I do love the way your city is decorating for spring - whimsical flowers and big ol' bugs.

    I wanna see your toes:)

    So happy the Toonman is doing so well!

    (My cat of 16 years passed away this weekend. I am heartbroken.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So New York doesn't wait for Spring to actually come . . . it makes Spring for itself! Nice!

    Sorry to hear about the iPad problems but I am sure it will all work out somehow.

    Have a fabulous celebration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to get a massage soon. I've never felt this much tension in my neck and shoulders, ever. I'm not quite sure why it's there, as I don't recall anything extremely aggravating or stressful recently, but it's definitely there. Anyway, thanks for reminding me that I should schedule one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful post Daryl! you will love your ipad! I couldn't wait of course and have the original, but oh, I love it so - vigilance pays off no doubt! xxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! tio Dianne's comment!
    Your massage sounds soooo good! I think I may need to get one.
    that sucks about the apple sauce & the wake up call.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're gonna LOVE that iPad...if you ever actually get it...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good attitude, I would be whining and twisting and fussing.
    NYC knows how to do it large! Glad Toonman is working and busy is good, very good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your wait isn't too long.. and that it doesn't arrive too early in the morning.. and that it does arrive in one piece. Enjoy your beautified city streets and toes in the mean time. And consider sharing Ron.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flowers, even faux ones, if they're colorful brighten up the world...

    I truly enjoyed reading your tale of fun and games...you have a nice writing style that draws the reader in. And as you know, what is most personal, is also most general, so your readers, including myself, can laugh and cry with you because we've gone through those same kinds of things, different only in style, not substance.

    I can go on, too! :-)

    Hope you get your iPad soon.

    What's an iPad?

    Just kidding.

    I've heard they are supposed to be wonderful.

    Why do you want one?

    Do I want one?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those red lights and the other flowery photos.

    My father has outdone himself. He calls the i-pad the i-hop. Every single time. Doesn't even bat an eye.

    Hope your i-hop arrives soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My brother got one at the Eden Prairie MN Apple Store. It was their last one and he got it Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So... what kind of teapot are you looking for, exactly?
    Good luck with the iPad!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am loving that street art - especially the red flowering tree. Very fun stuff.

    Hope the ipad makes its way to you soon!

    -----------------------------------
    My photography is available for purchase - visit Around the Island Photography and bring home something beautiful today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lots of words to read here. So this is what a Fashionista living in the Big City does on a late-winter weekend. Vedddy interesting . . .

    And I love that the city dresses itself up for spring rather than wait for it to happen. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your world is just plain exciting. I could walk there. It's flat. Not like here.

    Won't be getting an iPAD but I can't wait till you get yours. I'm glad Ray is feeling better and you order applesauce?

    I love the way you write. Period.

    ReplyDelete
  20. CU-YUTE toes!

    Sorry about your iPad. I hope it's a quicker find than a whole month away. Gah.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The toes - GORGEOUS! How cool all the flowers..

    I just bit the bullet and ordered my iPad2 online.. will be here end of next week. Saves me the trouble of trekkin all over trying to find one.

    With a pretty pink case of course!!

    Hope you find yours soon.

    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the flowers, from the monsters on the streets to tiny ones on the tips of your toes.

    I hope you get your ipad sooner than a month. That's a very long time to have to wait for something you want so badly.

    ReplyDelete