monday monologue

A week or two go I made the pronouncement that things would be changing here and then it was all the same old same old.  At least here in Blogville it was.


In the real world, the alternate universe most of us inhabit between posts and blog visits, things changed.  And not just for me, who you know it always all about.


Toonman was under the weather .. tho I am not at all sure what that means.  It wasnt as if a rain or snow storm or a heat or cold wave was above or over him.  Anyway, he's getting better.  He's home from hospital and while not entirely 'better'; this time I do sort of understand 'better', in his case it means he's almost the person, albeit much thinner, he was back in oh say 2009 ... did you say it?  I bet you didnt.


Okay moving right along.  I havent been blogging all the fabulous photos and clever repartee (I checked the spelling) appearing here daily, they were posted ahead.  I didnt do a lot of blog any visiting, so thank you to those of you who continued to visit and leave comments while I wasnt.  


Thank you to Gunn of Stavangerdailyphoto.com who left me a comment telling me he was my newest follower .. now, dear Gunn you need to link your email to your comments so you can interact with commenters and I can more easily reply to you.

I think once I get a handle on this writing stuff Monday will be a monologue ... you can join in, of course you will have to use the comment section because otherwise it wouldnt be a monologue which by the way is one of the oddest looking words I know in English ... I could give you examples in French but seriously who aside from me cares?

Digression is my middle name.  No, Deb, its really not.....

Likely this will become a recappage of the weekend plus an occasional whine .. cheese will be optional.

My weekend was a combination of the same old, same old (something I find is not as boring as I thought) and a little, no I will admit the full scope of it:

I am addicted to Angry Birds. You dont know Angry Birds?  Go to them iPhone App store, what? No iPhone or i Pad?  Be thankful! 

Thanks to my friend MentalPMama for posting about it and getting me hooked.  I can and did sit for hours last night as Toonman watched the Jets beat New England (he records the games and then plays them so he zips right past the ads) and played Level 2-9 about 30 billion times until I finally crushed those fucking blinking pigs.

What else, I dont know .. why dont you leave me some comments, please please link your email to your comment or else I cant reply and interact with you or answer the questions you pose ... 



Speaking of birds: 
This is level 75-2 
wherein the Angry Birds 
discover 
its not a pond 
but 
a huge sheet of some sort of plastic 
to protect the newly planted sod.

27 comments:

  1. Hmm...I can see how that confusing sheet of blue plastic would make a flock of birds angry. They look like gulls and gulls are knowm for their short tempers. Methinks they are plotting their revenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. after watching mpm and ann fighting the angry birds i decided NOT to sign up for the I phone through verizon that will be coming out soon... it SCARES me... i think i will stick to my LG pain in the behind phone a while longer..
    so glad the toon man is home... wish you were close enough to cook for I do believe I could fatten him up a bit :)
    Love n hugs ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoying your monologue...and am addicted to angry birds too. Those little fockers are available for android too - and I played for hours last night too.
    So glad the ToonMan is recuperating, what is his favorite food? I'll send a big box of it!
    Happy you had a normal Sunday, hope it was refreshing and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also addicted to angry birds lol. And when I can't get past a certain lmevel my 8 year old nephew does it for me lol....

    glad toonman is on the mend sweetie. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monday Monologue. I like it! Can't wait to hear what you have for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this new Monologue Monday idea!

    I'm too cheap and poor to have an ianything, so I'm out of the loop about the angry birds...but I think I'm okay with that. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love this!!
    you have a wonderful writing flow and I can hear ya while I read

    I've heard so much about angry birds
    my phone is 100 years old and really only makes phone calls
    isn't that odd? a phone that only makes phone calls :)

    hugs to ToonMan
    and you
    and Jack and Rosie too

    and Hope says 'Mwah'

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm just glad Toonman is home and things are progressing nicely. :)
    Poor birds.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry Toonman was in the hospital and I hope he will continue recovering as quickly as possible.

    I'd be angry if I was a bird and landed on that plastic.

    ReplyDelete
  10. monday monologue - love it! so happy toonman back home! alas, no ielectronic device, so will just watch my backyard birds, albeit they don't seem angry, just regular xxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the idea of Monday Monologue Daryl. :)

    Glad to hear Toonman is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've missed you! Hope things are back to some semblance of order, or at least, health.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts and the ducks [all the lakes are frozen up here in the north and I miss seeing feathered friends.]
    Happy Monday w/a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea Daryl! I will look forward to your Monday monologue every week.
    Feel better Ray & glad you got to watch the game from the comfort of your own home.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did enjoy the monologue but hope you can "out and about" with camera soon! Verizon has never supplied us with telephone lines that can accommodate modern communications and now we are sold to Frontier. And we are in a black hole for cell. You would think we lived in the Yukon not on the line between Chicago and Detroit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks! I really enjoyed seeing this many words from you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Get yourself the screaming eagle. You can use it once an hour and totally wipe out those little f*ckers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hope toonman is well on the road back...and that you ad your mojo are keeping at it hun


    luv saz x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm glad he's feeling better :) and love it when you "talk" LOL

    I'm with Laura...I have an LG phone and it doesn't even have a data plan. I use it for phone calls...

    ReplyDelete
  19. I guess I'm glad I don't have an iPhone or iPad. I know I would become addicted.
    Glad to hear Ray's home finally!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad Toonman is home and on the mend.
    I like your new Monday series...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your monologue!! Such a great idea.So glad toonman is home & was able to watch the football (sure sign of recovery, that).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I'm going to love these monologues. I already do. I kept hearing my cousin's voice in yours.. and that's when I remembered that you do actually sound alike. Yet another cousin just admitted that same Angry Birds addiction. She said it's also available online. I'm afraid to go see.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hey Birds!! Don't go away mad!! Come back, come back!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad ToonMan is feeling better. I hope he recovers completely. As to Angry Birds - it's on my phone but I've never played. Addictive games and I don't mix!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Monologues, you say? I'm actually looking forward to Mondays now.

    ReplyDelete