thursday in the hood


The other morning as I was crossing 42nd Street I looked up and saw this street sign Lincoln Highway.
I thought it might have been a prop from a movie but I was oh so wrong

Here's what I learned by Googling:

For more information about the Lincoln Highway and supporting its preservation contact the Lincoln Highway Association, P.O. Box 8117, St. Louis, MO 63156, www.lincolnhighwayassoc.org/.
There are also several websites, the most authorative of which is James Lin's http://www.ugcs.caltech.edu/~jlin/lincoln/. We also recommend The Lincoln Highway -- Main Street Across America, by Drake Hokanson, Box 85639, Tucson, AZ 85754; (800) 367-9242.

You can also click on the words Lincoln Highway in the opening paragraph and learn more about the sign and its installation in Times Square.