winners announced after some rambling
I dont usually do a lot of wordy posts but the last couple of days made me want to share. So with no real theme here I go .. wait .. maybe you should get a beverage and/or skip to the loo
No trick'treaters at all tho on the subway Friday night on the way home there was this kid in a gross mask that covered his entire head/face; at one point he took it off to mop his face, head AND the inside of the mask. I caught his eye, smiled and said Hot? He said yeah but it scares a lot of people. We both smiled as two sheet draped ghosts got on at 66 St.
As I walked toward home from the subway stop on Broadway I passed a devil horn headband'd mom or maybe nanny holding the hand of a teensy little black girl in a pink tutu half covered in a jacket (she really didnt need it, it was very mild) and a hood that was a parrot head in all these wonderful colors and a black beak like a Toucan .. I passed an Indiana Jones half pint walking a daschound with Nanny following .. I have to say it made me smile.
After discovering that my iPhone aptly named Mine was in fact 'registered' to someone else the other day yesterday morning, Saturday, I went to 72 St to catch the express to 14th St. and there was this kid who was maybe 20 wearing a tricorner hat backwards. I had to say something so as I walked past I said: its backwards. He sort of grunted. But later I noticed he'd fixed it.
I subwayed to an Apple Store on 14th/Ninth where it took a Genius all of 10 minutes to fix the registration snafu
Since its too early to troll Jeffrey's or DVF so I take the 14th St. X-town bus east to Sixth Ave so I can go to Sol Moscot to look at eye glass frames; they make some really cool retro frames none of which looked right on me it turns out but I have been wanting to go look forever.
Then I walked to Union Sq to the Farmers Market camera in hand across East 15 St and some of the houses had the most imaginative decorations .. see for yourself.



Aside from flowers (cut or live) and veggies, fruit, produce and breads/grains there was a woman selling dirt. NY dirt. To plant plants in. Dirt. I thought I need this but decided I didnt want to schlep it around. Turns out she is there all the time, so as soon as I am ready to get a new window box. Those begonias? LONG dead. Mums I got last Sunday. Dead. I said: throw that window box away its the box of death. Feh. Next spring, I will buy a new box and get dirt from that woman.

After that I walked to Third, got uptown bus to 69 St where I got off and walked west to Lexington Ave. There was some HUGE excavation was going on, blocked off half the east side of the sidewalk AND street.
So I crossed and walked up to 71 St to French Sole .. the cutest flats. I got a pair of black suede. Amazing they make them up to size 12. Me? 10.5 or 11 .. depending on the last .. its depressing so I am not going to bore you but buying shoes is not fun much as I adore shoes. See, that is why I have so many handbags, shoulderbags, totes, clutches (not so much, you know they make it hard to shop) .. you get it.
Then I walked to 79 St got the Xtown bus back to Broadway .. did an abbreviated beautification™ got my nails done; hair tomorrow. Picked up food for dinner and while Husband was watching college football I was sharing my day.
Oh .. and the winners of the Pay It Forward Contest are (drum roll):
Kate
Jen
Doris
I will be sending the prizes out soon-ish and once it arrives you must run a contest on your blog.
And that's that.
No trick'treaters at all tho on the subway Friday night on the way home there was this kid in a gross mask that covered his entire head/face; at one point he took it off to mop his face, head AND the inside of the mask. I caught his eye, smiled and said Hot? He said yeah but it scares a lot of people. We both smiled as two sheet draped ghosts got on at 66 St.
As I walked toward home from the subway stop on Broadway I passed a devil horn headband'd mom or maybe nanny holding the hand of a teensy little black girl in a pink tutu half covered in a jacket (she really didnt need it, it was very mild) and a hood that was a parrot head in all these wonderful colors and a black beak like a Toucan .. I passed an Indiana Jones half pint walking a daschound with Nanny following .. I have to say it made me smile.
After discovering that my iPhone aptly named Mine was in fact 'registered' to someone else the other day yesterday morning, Saturday, I went to 72 St to catch the express to 14th St. and there was this kid who was maybe 20 wearing a tricorner hat backwards. I had to say something so as I walked past I said: its backwards. He sort of grunted. But later I noticed he'd fixed it.
I subwayed to an Apple Store on 14th/Ninth where it took a Genius all of 10 minutes to fix the registration snafu
Since its too early to troll Jeffrey's or DVF so I take the 14th St. X-town bus east to Sixth Ave so I can go to Sol Moscot to look at eye glass frames; they make some really cool retro frames none of which looked right on me it turns out but I have been wanting to go look forever.
Then I walked to Union Sq to the Farmers Market camera in hand across East 15 St and some of the houses had the most imaginative decorations .. see for yourself.



Aside from flowers (cut or live) and veggies, fruit, produce and breads/grains there was a woman selling dirt. NY dirt. To plant plants in. Dirt. I thought I need this but decided I didnt want to schlep it around. Turns out she is there all the time, so as soon as I am ready to get a new window box. Those begonias? LONG dead. Mums I got last Sunday. Dead. I said: throw that window box away its the box of death. Feh. Next spring, I will buy a new box and get dirt from that woman.

After that I walked to Third, got uptown bus to 69 St where I got off and walked west to Lexington Ave. There was some HUGE excavation was going on, blocked off half the east side of the sidewalk AND street.
So I crossed and walked up to 71 St to French Sole .. the cutest flats. I got a pair of black suede. Amazing they make them up to size 12. Me? 10.5 or 11 .. depending on the last .. its depressing so I am not going to bore you but buying shoes is not fun much as I adore shoes. See, that is why I have so many handbags, shoulderbags, totes, clutches (not so much, you know they make it hard to shop) .. you get it.
Then I walked to 79 St got the Xtown bus back to Broadway .. did an abbreviated beautification™ got my nails done; hair tomorrow. Picked up food for dinner and while Husband was watching college football I was sharing my day.
Oh .. and the winners of the Pay It Forward Contest are (drum roll):
Kate
Jen
Doris
I will be sending the prizes out soon-ish and once it arrives you must run a contest on your blog.
And that's that.

