Dona Nobis Pacem



two, one two three four

Ev'rybody's talking about
Bagism, Madism, Dragism, Shagism, Ragism, Tagism
This-ism, that-ism
ism ism ism
All we are saying is give peace a chance
All we are saying is give peace a chance

its goin' great
Everybody's talkin' bout'ministers,
sinisters, banisters and canisters,
bishops and fishops and rabbis and pop eyes,
and byebye, byebyes

all we are saying is give peace a chance,
all we are saying is give peace a chance,

let me tell you now
Ev'rybody's talking about
Revolution, evolution, masturbation,
flagellation, regulation, integrations,
meditations, United Nations
Congratulations.
All we are saying [keep talking] is give peace a chance
All we are saying is give peace a chance

Oh Let’s stick to it
Ev'rybody's talking about
John and Yoko, Timmy Leary, Rosemary, Tommy smothers, Bobby Dylan,
Tommy Cooper, Derek Tayor, Norman Mailer, Allen Ginsberg, Hare Krishna,
Hare Hare Krishna
All we are saying is give peace a chance
All we are saying is give peace a chance

john lennon, 1969

31 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Daryl! You've done a fine job. I hope we see many globes today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend John (Lennon) was a great auther...

    And the other song "Imagine" is also a great song...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have almost the identical photo! (but with more sunshine) lol. the roses are even in the same formation. it's a wonderful place

    ReplyDelete
  4. Encapsulates it perfectly.
    Keep talking....
    Give peace a chance...

    ReplyDelete
  5. God, I love this song.

    And what a fantastic photo to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope, hope, hope, hope and now there is some! Beautiful image

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is utterly awesome! What a great photo. As always, you've blown my mind.
    Shalom my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lennon was a prolific songwriter indeed!

    Bradley
    The Egel Nest

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the Imagine picture Daryl and your Peace Globe is beautiful too. Peace to you and yours my friend. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I'd read this earlier so i could lay in bed today and protest. Dammit!
    Awesome pic and post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous shot and I love your peace globe. I'm singing along: everybody's talking about Bagism, Madism, Dragism . . .

    Dona Nobis Pacem

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for that lovely shot!
    John . . .I loved him so much-

    ReplyDelete
  13. Daryl that was gorgeous and it made me realise I forgot my peace globe. Arghhh. It'll be up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. that was one of my favorite places in NYC and I would not stop until we found it. I gave 10 bucks to the homeless guy and his black lab that were there every day. Best 10 bucks I ever spent....

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful post Daryl.
    And the photo is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Interesting. I guess I'm the only one who hasn't heard that before.

    ReplyDelete