warning! whining ahead

AND lots of it.

I am really tired. I am sure its a combo of the miserable time change + this lingering crud which causes me to have sinus issues, headaches AND nose bleeds. The cough however is diminished and no longer a source of amusement to me seriously it was becoming an interesting aspect of my personality. I would laugh and then cough. I could say to people "don't make me laugh or I might cough up a lung."

Hang on here comes a segue

My MacBookPro was having what I thought were issues related to the plug that goes from the computer to the electrical outlet.

Apple replaced it.

Issues continued.

This past weekend I used it without the electricity for approximately 5 minutes before it shut itself down and wouldnt start up without being plugged in.

I thought "perhaps its because I am not using the thingie which allows air to circulate under its bottom" (yes I think in quotations)so I placed it on its air circulating thingie and unplugged it.

I timed it.

It shut down in 4 minutes.

I find that unacceptable which led me to Apple's online discussion groups.

There is nothing like an unhappy Apple user/owner.

They vent, they whine, they share problems and fixes.

I discovered there is a battery 'fix' available which I downloaded/installed.

I let Merde, I call my laptop, (oh excuse me, my portable computer an Apple tech told me that it is NOT a laptop during one of the times I called to whine about its battery issues) Merde, trust me this is a whole other whine, run its self checks and re-start.

Then I unplugged it and within SIX (6) minutes it shut down.

A 30% improvment but frankly I was not pleased.

Back I went to the user groups where I learned that if your battery cycle count is under 300 Apple will replace it.

Mine said 13. Thirteen.

I was never good at math but I do believe 13 is less than 300.

I called Apple. They promised to send me a new battery within "three to five days". Later that night I heard my email ding and there was a message from DHL promising me my Apple shipment by April 8. I was not thrilled but it was one of those Bot messages and believe me whining to them does you very little good. Sure you feel a bit better, after all you WHINED but since no one replies it ends there. Totally unsatisfying.

Imagine my surprise and pleasure yesterday afternoon when Husband called to say DHL just delivered the battery. I was chewing my lunch so I could only manage a garbled "fantastic!" (yes quote marks AND exclamation points).

I got home, installed my new battery; it charged slowly not in the 2 seconds it took the old one which clearly lied about charging and being charged did - so that, I would think, is a good thing. DHL not only delivered it overnight but picked it up - I am not exaggerating - within 10 minutes of my arranging at 6:15 p.m. to have it picked up "before 9 p.m.". Another good thing.

So I really shouldnt complain but when has that stopped me? Never.

Remember back many paragraphs ago I mentioned the cycle count should be over 300?

Well, the new just installed, fully charged battery shows the cycle count is One .. ONE .. 1!

I dont know why but I am going to find out but that wont happen until tonight.

In the meanwhile I am going to whine about the PC I am using here at the office where I should be working not blogging or whining. The PC here is a DELL. If you know me you know I detest Dell.

This morning once again (yes, this has happened other mornings but I spared you the whining) I had some error message about LandDesk Management Software Monitor encountering a problem. The error message explanation made my eyes cross so I called our crack (yes I think some of them are on crack as well as some of them being quite terrible without chemical help) IT Help Desk people and explained it is not sending or receiving email.

Have you shut down and re-started?

Yes, THREE times.

Well then I wont ask you to do that again.

Sigh. (I sighed, not the tech).

Ah, then I will open a ticket.

Groan. (yes, me again)

AND (clearly he heard the groan or he read in my history that I am a mean girl, really I am positive they put it in and there maybe a reference to my being rabid as well .. ) I will have someone come to your desk as quickly as humanly possible.

Thank you. (I can be polite)

(edited to add: this conversation happened at 7:45 a.m. and it is now 9 a.m. I think the coming to my desk person is taking the long route)


Then.. oh come on did you think I was done whining? Clearly you havent met Husband.

Then I went to my Gmail account where I found an email sent without indication of who the recipients were to protect them from spammers. A nice thing. The email went on to say that someone whined about a change in a MEME and that got the ball rolling and literally hundreds of people began whining. It made the MEME host very upset.

Since, as pointed just above I can be polite, I apologized in TWO emails. AND I also apologized UPFRONT in the actual original MEME whine. .. which IMO was more than appropriate .. my feelings about this are now: get over it.

And on that mean girl note this whine is over.

As you were.