consistent

We - Boss #1 and I - had our Moving The Papers meeting yesterday.

While I was moved yesterday when he insisted on CONSISTENTLY sized boxes for each of the cubbies in which he stores his papers, I was not nearly as moved during this meeting as I was earlier in the week when I was moved to drop kick a box of back issues of a well known magazine across a room. Really.

Having a cough was for the first time this week a good thing. Otherwise my snicker would have been seen as disrespectful instead it was merely a cough. Ahem.

To show my good faith in executing this enormous task properly I took notes.



I don't actually get to pack the CONSISTENTLY sized boxes until he is on holiday next week and while he repeated everything three times I was not quizzed.

Each group of cubbies has two rows.



Top row is to be marked A with each cubby being assigned a number 1-11
Bottom row is to be marked B with each cubby being assigned a number 1-11

Every cubby is numbered. Even the empty ones.
Every cubby gets its own box. Even the empty ones.
Every cubby's contents gets put into the CONSISTENTLY sized box, taped shut
and marked with a special (SMELLY) LARGE marker.

Numbered then taped shut. Even the empty ones.

There are three sets of two rows of cubbies each of those gets its own color. He chose RED, BLUE and BLACK.



But I .. I .. me .. all by myself .. all on my own....I get to decide which set of cubbies gets which color!

How is that for raw power?

There are 3-4 cubbies with LARGE binders in them. Those have been given special Papal dispensation to be packed in a size box NOT CONSISTENT with the others.



And only because I, shrewd clever manipulative bitch that I am, pointed out that the only box big enough for those binders would have the smaller piles of paper floating loosely and getting all mixed up.

He thought about it and decided exceptions were permitted but only for those 3-4 boxes. He won't trust this delicate operation to just anyone. No. I am the only one he trusts not to muck this up.

When the boxes, all neatly CONSISTENT in size, taped shut, numbered in their own special color are moved downstairs to the new office they will be placed beneath the new empty cubbies in order.

Then one by CONSISTENT one they will be opened. Their contents removed and placed in their new cubby to reside there hopefully for many, many years without being, re-packed, re-numbered, re-taped and moved again.

At least not by me.