A Little Bit Off The M104

Last weekend I went a way off the M104 .. I rented a car from Avis and discovered they no longer simply ask if you plan on bringing the car back with a full gas tank or if you'd like to pay $1,000 for them to refill the tank; nope, NOW they ask and hand you a printed form that explains if you plan on driving under 75 miles (huh?) and bring the car back with a full tank of gas you will be charged to refill the tank UNLESS you present a receipt for having filled the tank. I was WTF? And then I simply said okay; I knew I would be driving WAY more than 75 miles so it didn't matter but I still don't understand why Avis needs to be so greedy. Do you?

Okay .. so if you read the blog entry before the Thanks entry you know I went to Cape May which is approx. 150 miles from the M104. I discovered the wonderfulness of cruise control. Set it for the legal limit of 65 mph, sit back and relax your legs but keep a sharp eye on the road! I used just over a 1/4 tank of gas to go 150 miles ..seriously this is a great thing. AND no leg/foot cramps!

I have a number of gal pals who meet online at/in a private Google posting site and get together in real life every so often for vacations and/or long weekends. This Cape May gathering is on its way to becoming a yearly adventure. We get to use the family home of one of the gals and this year the 'cast of characters' changed slightly but was just as fun.

One day went to Stone Harbor and wandered some of its fun shops and got to see the Halloween/Fall decorations...stopped at a produce stand and oogled their fall produce...







I am not sure which pumpkins are prettier .. the real ones or the handblown glass ones I shot at GlassRoots Gallery




It was such a lovely day .. even the birds were having fun .. I think they think the tall grasses are their very own amusement park




Back in Cape May some of the lovely old houses were decorated with flags



Of course we did more than wander and shop .. we ate.. if you havent been to Uncle Bill's Pancake House next time you're 'down the shore' you must. I promise you the waffles with blueberries are worth every calorie!





If ypu've got a sweet tooth, the Fudge Kitchen is another place you can indulge ..



It was just a perfect weekend for photo taking .. NO I am not fishing, LOL ..