eastside commute

tuesday 
 i had my yearly mammo/sono
because my medical coverage is an ass

 a year ago
 i scheduled it
 for 
monday 
columbus day 
because
 getting downtown from the upper eastside
 is 
maddening

 the number of people who use the eastside subway
 notice 
i didnt say
 subways 
because 
there's just the one line 
running down/up town 
on the eastside 
vs
 the 2-3 lines
 on the west 

anyway
 my medical coverage
 won't cover
 these truly important exams 
unless 
the last and the new
 are 
366 days apart 

yes 
a year and a day

 so 
my plan of zipping downtown
 on a day with way less commuters 
didnt happen

 the medical practice my doctor is part of 
and 
my office fax machine 
both
 were 
unreliable

 the prescription the imaging people needed 
wasnt 
sent/received

 when i got to the office
 after being squished by the mammo
 then squashed by the eastside subway crowds 
i tried to get the 'script faxed to me
the plan was to fax it 
myself
 to the imaging peeps 

 somehow
 my fax machine
 by the way 
the only fax machine
 in 
our 
entire
 company
 (i refuse to use computer eFax i won't bore you with why) 
was disconnected
 aaaaaaarrrrrgh 

the 
day
 continued 
to 
go
 downhill


 so
 i offer you
 what gave me a smile
 as
 i came up 
out
 of
 the eastside subway hell


 1 wtc 
and
 the still uncompleted transit hub 
aka
 oculus 
designed by santiago calatrava 
as viewed from dey street